Paring XT as a phone. Any downsides?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Re: Paring XT as a phone. Any downsides?

Post by rufasim »

I have my phone paired to XT only. I have my Iphone on right handle bar, xt on left. If I get a call come in, it will show on my phone. If it is no one I recognize, I shut it down through xt. I can answer through the it also directly from the Zumo. I wear gloves when ever out on the bike. I can control the xt with gloves, but I can't do the same with the phone. If I want to make a call, I get up close to my phone and have siri do it for me. My music from the phone works great on the Garmin unit perfectly. I just wish I could use the stereo controls on the handle bars of my Goldwing. I have to adjust the volume on the head set and the music on the Zumo. I then have the xt paired to channel 1 on my sena 20s evo as a phone. Works great
wjbertrand
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by wjbertrand »

I finally thought to ask Cardo this question and according to them, the GPS will function the same whether paired as a phone or as a GPS.
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
pjotr
Been liked: 2 times
Netherlands

Post by pjotr »

When I pair my Sena headset as a phone to the zumo XT (pairing as phone is option on Sena) I get trouble when I get instructions from the zumo XT while I am talking with an other rider through the intercom om the Sena . The intercom stops working and the connection is reastablished when the gps instruction is finished.
When I connect the Sena headset as an gps pairing with the zumo XT I can hear the gps and the intercom at the same time.
KTM-Don
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by KTM-Don »

Thanks, pjotr, you have exactly described a problem that I am having with my Zumo XT and Cardo Freecom Plus.
Can you elaborate on this statement, ie how it is accomplished?

"When I connect the Sena headset as an gps pairing with the zumo XT I can hear the gps and the intercom at the same time."

Many thanks,

KTM-Don
pjotr
Been liked: 2 times
Netherlands

Post by pjotr »

Hereby an online help from Sena how to pair a Zumo with the GPS pairing option.
But first you have to factory reset your Sena because once you paired the Sena with the phone pairing option this will stay forever.

https://community.sena.com/hc/en-us/art ... PS-Pairing

Good luck
Peter
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 261 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

KTM-Don wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 2:31 pm Thanks, pjotr, you have exactly described a problem that I am having with my Zumo XT and Cardo Freecom Plus.
I wonder if it is only possible with Sena because I have yet to figure out a way to allow intercom to override the XT with my Cardo Packtalk Bolds. I now ride with spoken navigation turned off. This results in more u-turns or manual navigations back to the route but I find that preferable to intercom conversation interruptions by the XT.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
wjbertrand
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by wjbertrand »

My packtalk works fine in Mesh mode. Interrupts/mutes music or navigation from the XT any time someone begins speaking. I have the XT paired as a GPS, not as a phone.
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 261 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

wjbertrand wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:36 pm My packtalk works fine in Mesh mode. Interrupts/mutes music or navigation from the XT any time someone begins speaking. I have the XT paired as a GPS, not as a phone.
My XT is paired as a GPS but it still interrupts intercom communication. I have the Audio Priority set to Intercom on the Packtalks.
Edit: Should have clarified that it still interrupts DMC mode intercom communications.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
KTM-Don
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by KTM-Don »

Thanks Peter, that's enough information for me to search more specifically through the Cardo documentation.
I did find the ability to bluetooth link the Garmin as a GPS or ,um, Not GPS, so I'll be testing those shortly. It uses the button interface, so it's a bit cryptic.

Best,

KTM-Don