Paring XT as a phone. Any downsides?

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
rufasim
Been liked: 5 times
United States of America

Re: Paring XT as a phone. Any downsides?

Post by rufasim »

I have my phone paired to XT only. I have my Iphone on right handle bar, xt on left. If I get a call come in, it will show on my phone. If it is no one I recognize, I shut it down through xt. I can answer through the it also directly from the Zumo. I wear gloves when ever out on the bike. I can control the xt with gloves, but I can't do the same with the phone. If I want to make a call, I get up close to my phone and have siri do it for me. My music from the phone works great on the Garmin unit perfectly. I just wish I could use the stereo controls on the handle bars of my Goldwing. I have to adjust the volume on the head set and the music on the Zumo. I then have the xt paired to channel 1 on my sena 20s evo as a phone. Works great
wjbertrand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by wjbertrand »

I finally thought to ask Cardo this question and according to them, the GPS will function the same whether paired as a phone or as a GPS.
-Jeff-
Ventura, CA
pjotr
Been liked: 2 times
Netherlands

Post by pjotr »

When I pair my Sena headset as a phone to the zumo XT (pairing as phone is option on Sena) I get trouble when I get instructions from the zumo XT while I am talking with an other rider through the intercom om the Sena . The intercom stops working and the connection is reastablished when the gps instruction is finished.
When I connect the Sena headset as an gps pairing with the zumo XT I can hear the gps and the intercom at the same time.