Power overload cut off

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Richard_R
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times
New Zealand

Re: Power overload cut off

Post by Richard_R »

I think you guys are being overly pessimistic about the factory hardware. The technology is nothing new and literally millions of devices world wide use it. How many automotive GPS units have you ever heard about that have been fried because of a step down transformer failure? If anybody wants to reinvent the wheel for their own use then they are on their own and they can't blame the OEM product if there is a failure.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Re: Power overload cut off

Post by Stu »

Richard_R wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:04 am I think you guys are being overly pessimistic about the factory hardware. The technology is nothing new and literally millions of devices world wide use it. How many automotive GPS units have you ever heard about that have been fried because of a step down transformer failure? If anybody wants to reinvent the wheel for their own use then they are on their own and they can't blame the OEM product if there is a failure.
Its not about passing blame! I am just after some reassurance as to whether the unit has a built in overload protection or not! purely for peace of mind

Its also not about reinventing the wheel for my own use either! Using the supplied cable just does not work on my bike for me so an adaptor has been made with a different stepdown transformer

Reading this someone has already tested it and no one died! not even the XT viewtopic.php?t=747