Good Morning from Dorset, UK

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Coddiwompler
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Good Morning from Dorset, UK

Post by Coddiwompler »

Morning All - not a new Zumo user, but having moved up to an XT I thought I'd best see what I/ve been missing and learn stuff.

Limited attention span, I failed the 'move the non motorcyle manufacturers' question on sign up due to reading what I wanted to read!

Loved Mapsource, quite like Basecamp, through a bit frustrating at times and last year subscribed to Myroute App which works well with the Zumo 346.

A m/c riding, camping and low level touring sort, on a Royal Enfield Himalayan for the last few years after years of BMWs :) This year some UK camping trips planned and over the water to France and Alsace to meet with friends during the summer.
jfheath
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 613 times
Great Britain

Re: Good Morning from Dorset, UK

Post by jfheath »

Welcome @Coddiwompler
You are well prepared for the XT haveing used the 396. The basics are similar but there are some changes in behaviour.

Here is a document that relates to the 590 and 595 - and is more in keeping with the 396 regarding the use of Basecamp.

https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewto ... 3205#p3205

And here are my efforts on getting to grips with the XT.

https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=1464

Note that with the XT, you do not have to have Explore set up. Personally, I prefer not to. Others like it. But if it is set up, then it behaves differently.
Chapter 7a in the above line deals with Explore. Chapter 8 with MRA.

@Stu - the owner of this site - prefers to use MRA. Its a personal choice.

Whatever, if you need help, just yell out.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Coddiwompler
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by Coddiwompler »

Thank you for the welcome and advice, it was one of your helpful posts on UKGSER which led me here!
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Welcome to the forum @Coddiwompler from North Carolina USA.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
ZFtracker
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by ZFtracker »

Welcome to the forum, @Coddiwompler.
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60
inReach Mini
jfheath
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 613 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Coddiwompler wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:35 am Thank you for the welcome and advice, it was one of your helpful posts on UKGSER which led me here!
I haven't been on UKGSER for a while - I don't own a GS - I intrude occasionally. There are a few members that also belong to another forum and raised issues concerning the Nav V and Nav Vi which are modified from the Zumo 590 and 595 respectively. BMW appear to have abandoned Zumos, which is a pity as they carried a lot of clout when it came to fixing odd behaviour - which seem to go unaddressed with the XT

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.