Error installing CN update on PC

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Error installing CN update on PC

Post by Milu23771 »

Hi everyone, I updated the City Navigators of my XT 1 to version 2025.10 via Garmin Express as I always have done. The problem is that I can't install them on the PC. The installation procedure proceeds up to 100%, after which an error message appears and in fact with Javawa GMTK, I see installed on the PC, in addition to the OSMs, only the City Navigator 2024.2. Garmin Express is updated to the latest version. I remember that this problem also occurred a couple of years ago and that a user of the group had solved it by copying the map image onto a USB stick and changing a string of the file, but I can no longer find his post. Thanks to anyone who can help me. Greetings
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Re: Error installing CN update on PC

Post by FrankB »

It looks like I had the same issue. I started GE as admin and then it worked.
see also: https://www.zumouserforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=2710
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

I have been an advocate of doing every Garmin related program and map update on my PC as my user with privileges elevated to administrator. This started with problems in the original installations of both GE and BaseCamp, when, installed as administrator, they would not run when I was logged in. This gets reinforced by that fact that since doing that, GE will not run when I am logged into my PC as the admin user. I firmly believe that Garmin has not figured out an installation/update process that insures all users of the PC can use the programs. Instead, I seems that they assume everyone who is installing their programs is the sole user of the PC and is running with administrator privileges.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Milu23771
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 8 times
Italy

Post by Milu23771 »

It worked. Thank you :D
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

Thanks for reporting back. It could help others.