XT2 3DAM BMW

Need help with the forum? or got some forum feedback? Please use this section.
Begster729
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

XT2 3DAM BMW

Post by Begster729 »

Hi guys

Just joined the forum looking to pick your brains please.
I have owned BMWs for 20 years or so and have relied on various SatNavs over the years most recently the Nav6 on GSA/XR/RS. To be fair I've had one or two issues with 'ghosting' but after a 'soft' reset the issues have ceased and all is good again.
I have been 'given' a new Garmin Zumo XT2 to 'play' with. I have to say that initially the unit combined with the Garmin Tread App appeared to be a game changer in terms of route planning/transfer from mobile to SatNav.
Went out for a bimble yesterday and all was going very well, the route being followed. Suddenly the XT2 turned itself off. It restarted by itself and worked again for a short time (all be it having to stop and find the last position on the route and start from there). However later in the day the unit turned itself off and on again a number of times in quick succession and wouldn't come on and stay on.
At home later on examination the XT2 battery was in the red so obviously it's not taking charge from the 3DAM mount. At last the question I hear you shout!
Anyone else have issues with the 3DAM/BMW working? or any positive feedback with the mount/XT2/BMW fittings?
If you have got this far, thanks for reading. :D
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Re: XT2 3DAM BMW

Post by Stu »

Have a look here at my experiences with the 3DAM

viewtopic.php?t=1318
ZFtracker
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Re: XT2 3DAM BMW

Post by ZFtracker »

I can't help (Zumo 590 user). But welcome to the forum, Begster.
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60
inReach Mini