Bluetooth Quality

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
DiavelDes
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Bluetooth Quality

Post by DiavelDes »

Have Garmin finally sorted Bluetooth sound quality?
I have suffered intermittent poor Sound quality across 3 bikes and 3 different autocom/headset setups. I think it stems from the order devices pair in as sometimes its crystal clear and sometimes crackly. Does the XT also suffer or have they finally come up with a Bluetooth system that works.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 292 times
United States of America

Re: Bluetooth Quality

Post by Peobody »

Bluetooth communication between the XT and my Cardo Packtalk Bold worked good but not between the XT and my iPhone. In fact, I have never gotten it to work. I can not generate an outgoing call nor answer an incoming one. The XT will display the call but nothing happens when tapping the "Answer" button. I wouldn't be comfortable having a phone conversation while riding anyway so I did exhaust all avenues trying to sort this out. I am fine with stopping when convenient after feeling my phone vibrate. I am looking forward to reading about other peoples experiences though.

Be advised that the XT will always override an intercom conversation. The priority option on the Cardo does nothing. You would think that if you pair the XT to the Cardo as a GPS and then configure the Cardo to give priority to intercom that it could sort that out but no joy. I don't know whether that is on Cardo or Garmin. Also, the XT is slow to release back to the intercom. That, combined with its verbosity has me riding with spoken navigation turned off except when solo.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
DiavelDes
Great Britain

Post by DiavelDes »

I only ride solo so less of an issue for me.
How is the quality of the sound does it ever crackle.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 102 times
Been liked: 292 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

The sound quality of spoken navigation is good. I don't do music so can't speak to that.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
DiavelDes
Great Britain

Post by DiavelDes »

Mine crackles on everything when it does it so hopefully it's sorted.
casbar
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by casbar »

I have my phone (iPhone) paired to my packtalk and the XT. I have the XT also paired to my Packtalk. I have no sound issues, nav instructions are fine and calls when they come in are clear. The reason I have my phone paired to both is, I ride bikes that do not have a XT mount, I also need to take calls when off the bike with my helmet on. I do have my Packtalk paired to both my iPhone and the XT as mobile devices, not sure if that makes any difference