New Firmware for Zumo XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Grispoil
Canada

Re: New Firmware for Zumo XT

Post by Grispoil »

Raf wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:01 am
Grispoil wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:34 am Yes, I had the same problem. I resolved it by performing a reset and installing the additional updates that came up shortly after.
What are these additional updates?
Thanks
Anyway my file size is " 69 MB" ,no 72,48 MB.The file sizes are different and they depend on where you live? ( I live in Italy)
After the reset, I simply plugged my GPS to my computer and I used Garmin Express version 7.12.1.0 do it's thing. It found 3 or 4 additional updates to install. After install and restart of the GPS, the hang/restart problem with the 3 dots was gone.
shealbi
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Post by shealbi »

Yep. I was up to date on all prior to upgrade. Three dots caused issues on map view. Had to reset to defaults to fix. And "yes", it then found another update to software. A pain to re-input all my defaults, forget device on iphone and reconnect to it and Cardo, reset notifications, but fixed. Shoddy work by folks at Garmin not checking for these issues to begin with
rufasim
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Post by rufasim »

I checked that it paired to my head set. The music from Iphone plays through zumo and into head set. The music on zumo plays on head set. I get turn by turn directions on head set. I am going for a ride tomorrow and will make sure that everything is perfect. I hit the three dots and I can get trip data and cancel the route. Seems to be fine. I did the upgrade this morning around 4am eastern standard time in USA
raza
Has liked: 5 times
Slovenia

Post by raza »

Somehow I managed to solve this mistake. I downgreed Garmin to the previous version (this loses all settings and saved data!), Let it "pick up" to version 6.30 and then updated it again with Garmin Express. Express found a few other updates that were performed along with the update to Ver.6.40. After making the settings as on the factory new device, the zoom now works without freezing .....
JS_racer
Has liked: 6 times
United States of America

Post by JS_racer »

3 dot reboot here as well,
updated from garmin express

is reset to defaults the only solution ?? (reset, oh well) not too bad to setup,

no headset, how do i get rid of the complete setup in settings, with the i on the main screen
Last edited by JS_racer on Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 398 times
Been liked: 212 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Updated with no issues at all
Raf
Has liked: 13 times
Italy

Post by Raf »

Stu wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:21 pm Updated with no issues at all
Have you updated with GE?
TripleThreat719
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by TripleThreat719 »

I initially updated to 6.40 using Garmin Drive and got the 3 dot lock-up as described. Did a master reset and then hooked up to Garmin Express. Express found a couple of other minor updates that I am guessing could have been eliminated from the master reset (but not sure). Once those items were updated, everything works as it should. Had to reset all preferences and reestablish all device connections and restore Explore connection.

Once everything was restored, it all works perfectly.
Lrobbo
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

Post by Lrobbo »

I updated yesterday and am now having exactly the same issue as you. Additionally, Bluetooth headset connectivity is extremely unreliable, with frequent drop outs. How do I roll back to the previous version as it is currently unusable.
raza wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:19 pm New update with a new bug in the program!
In the map view, click on the lower right corner (three vertical dots) - the device freezes and resets!
Who else is this happening to?
raza
Slovenia

Post by raza »