Route import issue

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Dalriada1912
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Route import issue

Post by Dalriada1912 »

Hope that someone can help with this issue which has recently tested its ugly head after the last software update.
After creating a route (ROUTE A) using Garmin Basecamp and transferring to the device (595LM) as per usual all seems to be well. However when I import ROUTE A the following issue arises. The route appears to load as per normal but the route map that comes up is some random previous route.
Any suggestions folks?
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 356 times
Great Britain

Re: Route import issue

Post by sussamb »

Don't quite understand what you're saying. Does a route named Route A appear but it's not the route you believe you sent from BaseCamp? If not what do you mean by a random previous route? Is it random in that it changes everytime you select Route A?
Dalriada1912
Great Britain

Post by Dalriada1912 »

I create 'ROUTE A' on basecamp. I then transfer to my Garmin Zumo595. From TRIP PLANNER I then search and import the file 'ROUTE A', which I then open and it appears to load normally but when I start the route a randomly selected previous route shows up. On the last two occasions the search stage revealed no matches yet the transfer seemed to progress normally. :?
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 356 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

That is weird, but issues like that do occur occasionally after a software update, the solution always is a master reset of your Zumo. You can find instructions here

http://www.poi-factory.com/node/30019
Dalriada1912
Great Britain

Post by Dalriada1912 »

Thanks, but I've tried resetting, updating everything, uninstalling and reinstalling Basecamp. You're right, it is a weird one.
I'm coming round to the notion that Garmin have released this update to knacker my satnav so that I have to buy an new one.
I'll try phoning Garmin and see if I can get any further forward. Cheers.