Road type

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Beacher
United States of America

Road type

Post by Beacher »

I can't seem to locate the road type ie; curves, hills inthe menu.
I really like this feature when traveling. Please don't tell me they have done away with this.

Be safe
simoncrewe
Has liked: 43 times
Been liked: 36 times
Great Britain

Re: Road type

Post by simoncrewe »

It is now called adventurous routing, once you have selected a destination in 'where to' you are presented with an orange mountain icon with a wiggly line though it. There is a slider displayed also, so that you can set the level of 'adventure' that you would like.

You cannot set road types as such, but you can set to avoid highways/freeways/ interstates in the avoidance menu as before with other units.
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

I've seen it when asking it to go to, and in the options it looks like a curvy route is there. But only used it for driving a couple of miles so far, so can't be certain.
Beacher
United States of America

Post by Beacher »

simoncrewe wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:16 pm It is now called adventurous routing, once you have selected a destination in 'where to' you are presented with an orange mountain icon with a wiggly line though it. There is a slider displayed also, so that you can set the level of 'adventure' that you would like.

You cannot set road types as such, but you can set to avoid highways/freeways/ interstates in the avoidance menu as before with other units.
I saw that on there. I guess ill have to test it out. I really liked the other way when you could set it individually.
Thanks for the help