Oop North John wrote: ↑
09 May 2020 16:58
Checked for updates on the XT it said none, connected it to Garmin Express on my laptop and it showed that there was an update for the Cyclops speed camera data
Anyone know if the Garmin Cyclops data shows "danger zones" in France and therefore the location of speed cameras?
Hey, french here.
I am a bit late on the subject, but
"Danger zones" are 500m/2km long (city/countryside) and the speedcam can bee anwhere in this area.
Types of speed cam in france :
- Grey poles roadside (that can take both front/rear for the most recent ones)
- Temporary "trailer", big squary grey things usually in tricky areas (dangerous areas 70kph, roadworks ...)
- Section cams, from 5 to 10km measuring your average speed (not tricky)
- Red light cams found on junctions AND train rails crossing (just stop and you are ok)
- Mobile cars -> standard unbranded wagon parked on the side (will be find in very tricky places, where they score a lot
- Mobile mobile cars -> standard unbranded car on the road flashing front for the opposite lane, flashes rear for passing vehicules (not really annoying since there is not that much cars and they can't stay in high scoring areas,also 10% uncertainty measurmeent margin applied to your speed, all the other are 5%)
And the one especially for uk people :
- Bikes/Megan RS with gogles waiting on motorway for high speed (usually only get people from 30kph over the limit, and they score a lot of UK sports car from Calais
For all the mobile ones, they use Waze/Coyote, when tag, they move.
And if you still want to go faster than the speed limit, just remember that 1-30 kph over the limit 135€ fine, then 30kph over the limit it's more expensive, your case goes to court and you will not be able do drive in france anymore for months.