For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Sun shade/visor

Post by Peobody »

jfheath wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:42 pm But its worth considering the comment from another member that no visor is going to help a great deal if the sun is coming from over your shoulder.
My thought too. That is when glare is at its worst. I bought one of those protective/anti-glare film coatings and it didn't help. In fact, it disperses the glare, creating a white-out effect on the screen. Also, I wear a hi-viz jacket and either a white or a hi-viz helmet. The reflection of these on the XT screen is a problem too, worst when the sun is high in front of me. A visor wouldn't help with that either.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Fxwheels
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
United States of America

Re: Sun shade/visor

Post by Fxwheels »

A visor is a waste of money. No visor will block the sun fully when you're moving. I had one on an older Nuvi just to protect it from the rain as it wasn't waterproof. And frankly, the 396 is good even in the sun. It doesn't have much glare at all, and it doesn't bother me.
On a different note, a Garmin Montana can have a glare when it's cloudy, but a direct sun making the screen very very clear. Go figure.