Tread: no results when searching

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
ZumoGSer
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Tread: no results when searching

Post by ZumoGSer »

As per title no results . Two days now , deleted app and reinstalled , still no results . Tried Garmin’s help ; chat “unavailable “ , phonecall option , endless queue so abandoned . Email enquiry sent ; still awaiting response .
As I type this , after two days , suddenly working again 🤔
p.s. I’m really liking Tread , after initially hating it and I’m not a novice , with many years Basecamp experience .
jfheath
Has liked: 284 times
Been liked: 621 times
Great Britain

Re: Tread: no results when searching

Post by jfheath »

Thanks for the post. It's nice to hear a positive response to the new online software. I have limited access to Tread, because I need to be able to plug in an XT2. There must be a way of fooling it with an sd card, but I have never tried....

This is in no way a criticism - except perhaps of me - The thing that bugs me about online apps, is that you are at the mercy of the program developers, the servers being online, and having an internet connection.

And basically, I cannot guarantee having any of those. So I prefer to use the software that is on my computer and plan everything beforehand. The big advantage of online apps is having a route planning tool available with you, but if you cannot rely on it.....

Actually I do have MRA as a backup and I have used it a couple of times when away. And it is excellent, as far it goes - but it rather detracts from the holiday if I spend time planning.

Whatever - anything beats the route planning on my first ever trip abroad. We had no plan, we had never been into Europe, we didn't know what to expect. Except, we expected any plans we made would have to change. So we booked two hotels - one after getting off the ferry, one the night before getting back on the ferry.

Highlighter pen, note book. I jotted down key places. Names, road numbers, lat/long estimates from the map. Made a turn list to put on my tank. Affordable car satnavs didn't exist - early street pilots were around but were very expensive and I had a magellan 4000 walker's hand held satnav and i plotted straight line routes so at least I could be sure of heading in the roughly the right direction. I also had a compass. Spain was in the middle of changing its road numbering system, and was building a lot of new roads.

Mobile Internet ? Well, it existed but nothing like it is now. It was a trip to remember, but it was after that when I decided that a satnav would be really useful, and bought my first Zumo - a 550.

Stuck in my ways. Possibly. But I like solutions that I can rely on. A pre planned route and my Zumo is usually good enough, but 'Belt and Braces', me. So yes, I carry road maps and a compass with me as well.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 284 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

jfheath wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:59 am Highlighter pen, note book. I jotted down key places. Names, road numbers, lat/long estimates from the map. Made a turn list to put on my tank.
Those were the days! I can picture my tank bag with the transparent top pocket containing a folded map and handwritten turn instructions.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
ZumoGSer
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by ZumoGSer »

Well , as per my post above , Tread suddenly started working again so undoubtedly a software error , or “exception” if you are Post Office( Horizon Enquiry evidence) .
Note , my technical enquiry receipt acknowledged by Garmin 23.4.2024 and as of today , six days later, no response from Garmin ; Poor show 🥴