After map updating routs do not match roads

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Gidi Ferder
Been liked: 2 times
Israel

After map updating routs do not match roads

Post by Gidi Ferder »

Hi everyone!
I just updated all the maps on my XT and computer. I am now traveling in Greece and for some reason the purple line does not match the road exactly. The routes were planned on previous version of the maps. Is that the reason? Does it mean I need to plan the routes from the beginning on the updated maps? Sounds stupid….
Another problem is the auto zoom that does not work when approaching intersections and turns. I have to press the + icon to zoom in. The auto zoom is activated in the settings. How can I fix this? And how can change the default screen to work with less zoom out without it being changed during the ride?
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Re: After map updating routs do not match roads

Post by FrankB »

After a map update, ALWAYS recalculate your routes! No IF's, no BUT's.
Unless you like challenges of course.
Gidi Ferder
Israel

Post by Gidi Ferder »

All routes were recalculated because I always make changes. But I can not find the way to recalculate the routs on the device. Is there a way? The menu on the active route is not giving me such an option
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

1. Send them again from Basecamp to the XT. (Delete them first on the XT to be sure)
2. On the XT. Change the calculation method to 'Direct/ Straight lines' and then back to faster time.

For multiple routes I prefer option 1.
Gidi Ferder
Israel

Post by Gidi Ferder »

Thank you!
I will try both ways.
Gidi Ferder
Israel

Post by Gidi Ferder »

Option 2 does not change a thing
Still don’t understand how to fix my screen on zoom in while navigating. Auto zoom is activated but does not work during navigating
Thnx
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

Gidi Ferder wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:33 am And how can change the default screen to work with less zoom out without it being changed during the ride?
This is what you said in your opening post which leads me to believe that auto-zoom is working since your are asking how to change it. I believe that the zoom level is based on speed but I get frustrated with it sometimes being zoomed out when I think it should be zoomed in and vice versa. I don't know what causes this, unless it is a delay sensing a speed change and adjusting the zoom accordingly. It is almost always zoomed in too much during slow speed urban riding. It's a catch 22 though. I want it zoomed in for turns but not when riding straight through a city at 25mph (40kph).

Hmmm, I just had a thought, I wonder if the number of road intersections plays a part. I recall it being zoomed way out when there are many miles between intersections, and zoomed in in cities as mentioned above.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Gidi Ferder
Israel

Re: problem solved?

Post by Gidi Ferder »

Loading new routes from updated maps to updated maps on the devise gave me corrupted routes.
After changing preferences to straight lines and than back to faster times, the routes came up correct.
But the purple line still did not Match the roads perfectly.
Got into my maps on the device and noticed that the TopoActive maps were activated. So I deactivated all the Topos and without any recalculation the purple line fits the roads perfectly.
I hope this will correct also the auto zoom on my devise, that although activated, does not work while navigating.
Everything else on the devise looks fine so I hope there are no more surprises waiting for me on my next tour, this time in Italy, at the beginning of may.
Gidi
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

My TopoActive active map for NA, US is active (not NW, Middle America though). @Gidi Ferder, I recognize that you are not in the US. My point is that I'm not experiencing a problem while having a TopoActive map active. I wonder what the difference is.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Gidi Ferder
Israel

Post by Gidi Ferder »

I have no idea either. I do not have topo maps on my PC and I don’t know if planning off road routes is done on the same maps. Like I said, I hope this doesn’t mean new problems while navigating.