Garmin 595 will not stay connected to MacBook

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Garmin 595 will not stay connected to MacBook

Post by carolinarider09 »

I attached my new (to me) 595 to my computer and the device shows up (disk drives) on the computer screen. After a few minutes, the devices disconnected and I get a warning that the device was removed from the computer without following proper steps (or words to that affect).

So, it's new to me, I have tried three cables think it might be a connection issue.

Any thoughts????? This is getting to be a real ticking off device. I have installed the 595 mount on my wing and it is the only GPS I can use on that bike. Sooooo... I am really concerned that the darn thing will not be usable until I get the piece of carp USB C port on the device "fixed" by someone.

So, looking or help before I go nuts.
carolinarider09
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 36 times
United States of America

Re: Garmin 595 will not stay connected to MacBook

Post by carolinarider09 »

Still looking for a real solution but, I have something that seems to work. I turn the GPS on its face and then connect the plug to the device after the plug is connected to the computer port. This way there is no stress on connection which I think is the issue and since I bought it from EBay........ I probably should not have.

I have had issues with USB-Micro B ports in the past. Seems, to me, they are the least "reliable" for connections.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Garmin 595 will not stay connected to MacBook

Post by Peobody »

The issue you describe sounds like what was happening on my first XT. I could get a connection by moving the cord but the next slightest movement would cause it to disconnect. That XT was replaced under warranty.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.