Icon garmin explore

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Strommino
Been liked: 4 times
Italy

Icon garmin explore

Post by Strommino »

I have personal Waypoint collections, some even with lots of Waypoints! if I load these Waypoints into Garmin explore, they all have the same symbol, blue flag, is it possible to change the icon of an entire collection in one go?
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Icon garmin explore

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forum.

Yes it is possible - In Explore - I am using the website explore.gramin.com, not the app, not the XT -

Select the Waypoints Category from the library.
Select a waypoint that you want to change.
Hold down the control key and select any other waypoints that you want to change.
Then for any one of the selected items, click on the edit / pencil and make the change.

The change will be applied to all of the waypoints that were selected.

THe same technique can be applied to other multiple edits for say tracks, routes, courses.

There may be a way of achieving the same thing in the App - but I don't know how to multiselect with that. And if I did, I'd make a mess of it with small screen and big fingers. Even on an ipad, things can go wrong very easily !

On android and Ipad using the website - the normal gestures for multiselecting - I cannot get to work.

On the Android and the ipad using the app - it is possible to multiselect items, but so far I can only delete all that are selected, or add them all to a collection. I have yet to find a way of editing the symbol for all selected items.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Strommino
Italy

Post by Strommino »

you gave me some great news! One more thing, is there an option like Ctrl+A, to select them all together or should they be selected one by one?
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Strommino wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:53 am you gave me some great news! One more thing, is there an option like Ctrl+A, to select them all together or should they be selected one by one?

On a PC : Yes. Click the first, hold down the shift key, click the last to select all the ones in between the first and last. Then with those selected, change the properties of one selected item - and it changes all of the selected items.

Both methods work with delete as well.

I've edited my earlier answer to include a comment on Android and Ipad

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Strommino
Italy

Re: Icona garmin esplorare

Post by Strommino »

great! you saved my wrist and my life!! thank you very much!!