Music PLayer

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
Protonhound
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Music PLayer

Post by Protonhound »

I use MediaMonkey to manage my music library on pc and also have the app on my Galaxy S23 Ultra with the latest update. The media player on the XT2 shows my phone as the music source but I am not able to use the controls nor does it show any track info. I can control things from my phone and the audio plays just fine through me Sena SRL Mesh. This did work a while ago.
Any ideas?
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Re: Music PLayer

Post by lkraus »

I was going to tell you about the problems I had trying to use my Galaxy S10 with MediaMonkey as my source for music through my XT to my Sena S20 and how it never worked and how I gave up years ago and how it is just easier to put mp3 files on the SD card in the XT even though I can never get the album art to display...

Then I thought I better double check the exact nature of the problems, brought my helmet inside with the XT and phone, and...
it's all working absolutely perfectly. :shock:

Title, artist, album, album art, cool background I never noticed before, play/pause, forward, back.
88126.png
88126.png (421.75 KiB) Viewed 404 times
So all I can really say is, don't give up, because it should all work as you expect. I just don't know why it does.

Can't choose what to play from the XT, but I usually just let the player do a random shuffle of whatever is available.
United States of America

Post by Protonhound »

I'm not going to worry about it too much as the music sounds a little better when going from phone to headset directly as opposed to being funneled through the XT2. Besides, I just put on a playlist and can control it from my headset directly better if I do at all.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

Protonhound wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:00 am I'm not going to worry about it too much as the music sounds a little better when going from phone to headset directly as opposed to being funneled through the XT2. Besides, I just put on a playlist and can control it from my headset directly better if I do at all.
I tried last year with my XT, phone and Bluetooth receiver. As you've found, having the music funneled through the gps is a pain and rarely works without fiddling with it 2 or 3 times per day. With the times I want music from the phone I unpair the gps from the phone. I loose weather and traffic alerts but this combo always works.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Protonhound
United States of America

Post by Protonhound »

I can have both my headset and XT2 connected to my phone simultaneously and have the media checked on the headset connection only. My Sena SRL Mesh uses the dedicated GPS connection it has so I still get audio directions while music streams from my phone directly. As long as it keeps working this way I'm happy. My XT2 is really only there for navigation and the less fiddling withbit the better. I can still use the phone functions which might come in handy.
And I still have Tread connectivity for traffic/weather.