Airline Travel After Covid

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Bluemunoz

Airline Travel After Covid

Post by Bluemunoz »

Has anyone had problems with TSA when taking a Zumo XT on a commercial airline?
I'm getting ready to travel by plane and want to take my Zumo XT on the plane with me. Carry On luggage. On-line, TSA has some restrictions regarding GPS units carried on commercial flights. Any issues?

GPS tracking devices with or without GSM capability?

https://www.delta.com/us/en/baggage/pro ... hine-other
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: Airline Travel After Covid

Post by rbentnail »

I use a backpack with laptop, gps, mp3, and more (including chargers) every time I fly. Not once has the issue of having a gps come up. I don't think I was ever ask to take it out.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Bob
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Bob »

The only problem I've ever had taking a GPS on a flight was when security at Manchester Airport (U.K.) stopped me as the bag Xray had shown a potentially sharp object in the case of my old zumo 500, which I take with me in case the hire car doesn't have sat nav. It turned out it was the small right angled allen key used to remove the battery (this is needed as the 500 can lock up sometime and the only way to fix it is to remove the battery). Security told me that no tools were allowed as they were potential weapons and confiscated the allen key. I got on the plane on which, shortly after take off, I was given a meal with metal cutlery, go figure! :roll:
cr0100
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by cr0100 »

If I'm going to be driving when on a trip, the XT always comes with me on my carry-on. It has NEVER been a problem.