Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Bowlin01
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Garmin Explore no longer supports Zumo XT

Post by Bowlin01 »

Hi All,

I went to sych some off-road tracks this morning (first time for a while) and found that I no longer have the option to synch with Garmin Explore.

I'm told in the Garmin Explore app that the Zumo XT is not supported.

WHAT????? The Garmin Explore app and my XT were working seamlessly, it was a joy to use, easy to synch, what has happenned???

Can anyone tell me if this is an error or a deliberate step by Garmin? (If it is I'll be livid as everything was working as I wanted it to)!!

Thank you in advance for any information.
Steve
raesewell
Been liked: 12 times
Great Britain

Re: Garmin Explore no longer supports Zumo XT

Post by raesewell »

Explore is still working for me on my XT
Rofor
Has liked: 139 times
Been liked: 56 times
Austria

Post by Rofor »

Officially the Garmin Explore app never(!) was compatible with the Zumo XT!

The Zumo XT has build in a small/rough version of Garmin Explore into it's firmware and communication was done only by the Garmin Drive app and also communication was only done with the Garmin Explore cloud - there was never a direct connection between the Zumo XT and Garmin Explore app!

If you change anything with the Garmin Explore app, the changes will be send to the Garmin Explore cloud and than be send to the Garmin Zumo XT via the Garmin Drive app - that's what Garmin said and that's why the Garmin Explore app officially never was 'Zumo XT compatible'...
Bye, Robert :)
(Actual: Tiger 800 XRx (2016), Garmin zumo XT, Cardo PackTalk, Nolan N70-2GT)
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Bowlin01 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:50 am Hi All,

I went to sych some off-road tracks this morning (first time for a while) and found that I no longer have the option to synch with Garmin Explore.

I'm told in the Garmin Explore app that the Zumo XT is not supported.

WHAT????? The Garmin Explore app and my XT were working seamlessly, it was a joy to use, easy to synch, what has happenned???

Can anyone tell me if this is an error or a deliberate step by Garmin? (If it is I'll be livid as everything was working as I wanted it to)!!

Thank you in advance for any information.
Steve
The information is provided in the answers before mine. But I'm curious as to why you were able to synch and now you cannot.

Once set up - the XT appears to seamlessly communicate with the data on the Garmin Explore server - under your account name.
So if it doesn't do that any longer, then you may need to check your set-up.

Does the XT recognise Drive is present?
Is Drive loaded and running. There will be the 'd' icon between the temperature and the fuel icons.

Is Bluetooth set up and paired with the XT and with your phone. Tap the BT icon, and check the icons next to your phone. The drive Icon and probably the music icon should both be blue. When headset is connected to the Zumo you will have phone, drive and music icons in blue for the phone. And your headset will show the headset icon and the music icon.

It has been known (by me at least) that on some occasions, it has been necessary to uninstall Drive from the phone and reinstall it, and then set it up again from scratch. It used to be a regular occurance - but I haven't had to do that for a long while. It was probably as a result of the amount of testing that I was doing in different scenarios.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.