CN EU 2025.10 NTU

oldwobbler
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Re: CN EU 2025.10 NTU

Post by oldwobbler »

My update has failed several times, both with 7.2 and with 7.2.1
I'm reverting to an older version in the hope that works. I feel for anyone without the benefit of this forum!
raza
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 7 times
Slovenia

Post by raza »

GE 7.19 is verified to work for PC installation
Bob
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Bob »

oldwobbler wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:25 am My update has failed several times, both with 7.2 and with 7.2.1
I'm reverting to an older version in the hope that works. I feel for anyone without the benefit of this forum!
I too have had this issue on the last two map updates I've carried out, with two different PCs and with the latest version of GE each time. I found, on each occasion, if I shut down GE, restarted it, and just selected the option to download to the computer only, it worked.
oldwobbler
Great Britain

Post by oldwobbler »

Thanks Bob, I might have to try that as 7.19 is failing each time now too. But it waits a few hours before telling me its failed so is becoming very time consuming :evil:
oldwobbler
Great Britain

Post by oldwobbler »

I can no longer update anything. With 7.19 if I try PC only or unit only, all fail. Well done Garmin.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

OK Garmin Express 7.20.1.0 installed OK.

A number of updates were identified, one of which was the Map - in my case City Navigator Europe 2025.10.

I never ask Express to update all - I only do them one at a time. The map update has always failed if I select all at once.

Map update was greyed out until I had performed the first item in the list.

Map update then started but failed subsequently. 3 or 4 times.
I tried FrankB's suggestion of running Express as administrator. That started off and installed the map correctly.

I noted a few things afterwards. Express no longer asks you to disconnect the Zumo and then reconnect. But if you don't do that, it doesn't report anything else to install. When the Zumo is unplugged, it needs to be started up. It then says
There are additional updates that require the device to restart. This may take several minutes. Restart Now ?
So yes to that and the ZUmo displays a progress bar and almost immediately shuts off. Restart it and the new map is installed.
Then reconnect the USB cable, wait for Express to recognise its presence and you can then install any other 1 minute updates.

So that was fun, but it worked.

When I tried to install the maps to the computer, the XT needed to be plugged in, and that failed a few times. Either with an error message or it was a message indicating that it was having difficulty connecting to the Zumo servers. Too busy perhaps.

So then I set about the same process with my Zumo 590 and my Zumo 595.

Similar things happened - but forgot to run Express as administrator, but it worked on the second time of asking. Again - it would not install the other items until the Zumo had been disconnected, rebooted and allowed to update.

This was true for both 59x Zumos. The last one presented no problems at all.

I'm wondering if now that everyone gets to know about the updates at the same time as a result of facebook, forums like this etc - that the servers are becoming overloaded, and all you have to do is keep trying. If it fails, it fails within the first few (maybde 10) minutes. Once it has established the link and has got past the initial fast download speed and settled into something more sensible - it seems to keep the connection alive until complete. Thats what I observed in my three downloads.

But after the maps have completed you have to remember to disconnect and reboot the Zumo to let it update itself. Then let it reboot. Then check the new maps are registered in myMaps. Then reconnect and install the other items (keyboard, cyclops, language files etc)

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Scottnet
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Scottnet »

I got this to work!

By running GE (7.20.1.0) as administrator. When you start GE as admin, Windows asks you to confirm if you can allow GE to make updates to your disk. I clicked Yes.

I suspect that in non admin mode it does not ask for this and therefore fails.

Happy days, thanks for all the input and suggestions ..
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

jfheath wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:27 pm I'm wondering if now that everyone gets to know about the updates at the same time as a result of facebook, forums like this etc - that the servers are becoming overloaded, and all you have to do is keep trying.
I've learned to wait at least a few weeks after updates are released before trying them on my units. I can't think of an update that has been needed so urgently that I can't wait for a new map or firmware. Waiting allows some time for the rest of you to find the firmware bugs and an updated update to be released, and the servers can get caught up.

Roads seldom change so rapidly or extensively that the old maps are unusable. My wifes old TomTom was in use for over ten years, never had a map update, and never led her astray on several cross-country trips.
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

lkraus wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:10 pm I've learned to wait at least a few weeks after updates are released before trying them on my units.
I agree entirely. Its just that this time people seemed to be having trouble so I thought I'd give it a go. I saw nothing much different from most times - except it didn't tell you to unplug and reconnect. Something normally fails once.

I didn't mind a great deal as I have my 595 and 590 to fall back on - and the cradle is still on the bike !

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
INBOC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by INBOC »

Hi
This map update has gone on XT ok, but I cannot get it onto basecamp on laptop, tried running as administrator, no joy, even reset the laptop, still no joy, just keep getting map changes failed, reloaded basecamp and GE numerous times, still get map changes failed.
Does someone have a tried and tested solution, many thanks in advance