CN EU 2025.10 NTU

jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: CN EU 2025.10 NTU

Post by jfheath »

1. Are you selecting to install on computer only ?
2. Is The XT battery low - It uses more power than the computer USB port can provide. Only noticeable if the battery is very low.
3. Try it at a different time of day. In the Uk, mornings work best for me, when USA is asleep.
4. Use the default folder. Get rid of any files that might look as though they are failed installations.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

I struggled with getting CN NA 2025.1 installed onto my laptop. In the past, my normal procedure was to do it while logged in as an administrator. This time, it required that I started GE with right-click > Run as administrator. If that is what you did when you "tried running as administrator" then I don't have any other suggestion.

FWIW, my first attempt seemed to successfully download the needed file because subsequent attempts were not downloading. I wish I could remember what was displayed on the screen but the only part I remember is "10 minutes".

Use a file explorer to navigate to your system temporary directory and look for any files with a filename format of MSI?????.LOG whose timestamps match failure. Check the content of any that exist for a clue into what is going on. Mine said something about inadequate permissions which is what prompted me to try the "Run as administrator" even though I was logged in as an administrator.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

In addition to the above ensure you're around to allow the Windows prompt to allow Express to make changes to your PC if running Windows

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... w-it-works
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

sussamb wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:19 am In addition to the above ensure you're around to allow the Windows prompt to allow Express to make changes to your PC if running Windows

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... w-it-works
So perhaps there is a dialog box in the background waiting for a user response ? I didn't notice one when I was updating the maps, but I have been caught out before with other programs. Only when I was completely baffled by my PC not responding and I started closing down programs in order to perform a restart did, the system prompt reveal itself. The presence of the dialog box doesn't show up on the task bar and for some reason it ends up behind open windows.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
INBOC
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by INBOC »

First of all many thanks for your reply’s,
I’m now up and running at a small cost of loosing some pre planed routes I didn’t backup but I don’t mind basecamp planning .
The steps taken for me to get back to normal
Clear off the windows 10 laptop all Garmin items (I only had GE and basecamp)
Re install older version of GE 7.16.3.0 run this as administrator with RMB option
Recheck my XT was still up to date an new maps were still on there (this had gone well originally, but wanted to check)
Unplugged XT from laptop
Installed 4.2.5 Basecamp legacy from Garmin website
Then plugged XT into laptop (at this point only recognised the XT didn’t show its maps)
Opened GE with RMB administrator (still older version)
Used GE to install maps to laptop, this worked
Then unplugged XT from laptop
Then checked on Basecamp that latest maps were there and coming from laptop
Then in Basecamp under help tab , updated to latest version of Basecamp
Checked latest version worked with maps on laptop
Plugged XT back into laptop , Basecamp now seeing all maps inside XT.
Reset Basecamp and XT to settings I prefer, did a route on Basecamp, sent to XT all looks good
Many thanks
INBOC
axamax
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 10 times
Great Britain

Post by axamax »

Using GE 7.20.2.0 Maps wouldn't install to computer.
I tried running as administrator, still no joy.
So I restarted the PC and then ran as administrator and it worked for both XT's
colirv
Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 35 times
Great Britain

Post by colirv »

Same for me - using GE 7.20.2.0 the maps wouldn't install to computer - hung up near the end. Restarting computer and XT and running GE as administrator did the trick.
Colin
BMW R1250RS