Birdseye Direct issues

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
WolfkinTeeth
Been liked: 6 times
United States of America

Birdseye Direct issues

Post by WolfkinTeeth »

First off, Hello. Brand new to this forum. Just upgraded from a Zumo XT to a Zumo XT2 and for the life of me I cannot get Birdseye Direct to work. I am fully updated, I have reset the device, rebooted, Acquired satellite signal and a location. Nothing I do seems to resolve the issue. I get a screen saying something to the effect of "Can't connect to the server, no subscription found." I have tried several different wifi connections to no avail. Any help would elevate you karma.
WolfkinTeeth
United States of America

Re: Birdseye Direct issues

Post by WolfkinTeeth »

Update: You have to call Garmin support. It is an issue with some units that needs "to be fixed on the backend" at Garmin. Seems they forgot to enter the serial number of the device so the server rejects it. No ETA given till it is fixed. I had something very similar happen with my inReach where it wouldn't talk to the satellites because they didn't enter the MAC address of the satellite transponder in the database. At least I don't have to ship it back.
WolfkinTeeth
United States of America

Post by WolfkinTeeth »

Last update: It was something on there end and nothing for me to do. I got an email from them saying the issue has been resolved and sure enough it works now.
jfheath
Has liked: 284 times
Been liked: 621 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hi @WolfkinTeeth , A very belated welcome to the forum. I'm sorry - I never spotted your post ....

And thanks for your contribution. Sorry no one on here was able to answer your question, but glad that you got it sorted by Garmin. Especially thanks for keeping us updated so that anyone else with a similar issue can find out what to do !

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
WolfkinTeeth
United States of America

Post by WolfkinTeeth »

Thanks for the welcome! No worries on the help issue. I don't think anyone could have done anything. It was resolved on Garmin's end internally. Now that is is fixed though I am happy I upgraded to the XT2.