Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 288 times
United States of America

Re: Music on SD card

Post by Peobody »

It acts like there is no metadata in your mp3 files.

BTW, listening to Heatseeker or Rock and Roll Train while riding would get me a speeding ticket for sure! :lol:
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Enoch
Been liked: 3 times
Wales

Post by Enoch »

It seems that way, but the meta data is certainly there. Artist, album, album art, track No and title, mo3 code etc etc all clearly visible when you right click on album or song details.
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

I never play music while riding a bike. But I know that MP3 tags have versions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

There is a post on this forum stating that the XT doesn't recognise all versions:
viewtopic.php?p=9943&sid=186d5f3af4cc94 ... ab3f#p9943

Hope it helps
Enoch
Been liked: 3 times
Wales

Post by Enoch »

Ok… just to update anyone interested. I figured out that I needed to update the mp3 ID tags from 2.2 to 2.3. My whole Apple Music library on my Mac was set to 2.2. Changing it to 2.3 is a simple task of highlighting the albums, go to file, convert, and it gives the option to update to 2.3 or 2.4.

Once updated, I used android file transfer to drag the files into the MP3 folder I’d created on the SD card. And that was it. All music art, titles artists and albums separated into their relevant categories. And working as it should.