Zumo GPS Workshop opportunity

Got a question that doesn't fit in to any other category? Then please use this section.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Zumo GPS Workshop opportunity

Post by jfheath »

White Rose Tours is a UK based motor cycle touring company with whom I have enjoyed a couple of 10-day European tours. Earlier this year, they asked if I would be willing to put on a workshop for their regular cutomers to help with their use of Garmin Zumo GPS devices. This would be one morning of a three-day gathering at a hotel 'on the outskirts of the Lake District' (UK). I agreed.

WRT are opening up a limited number of places to anyone who would like to come along to the 'workshop' for a small charge.

This will be on the Friday morning of 9th February 2024. The hotel itself is block-booked by WRT, so it will not be possible to stay overnight in the hotel before or after the workshop, but I strongly suspect that discussions, queries and problem solving will continue long after the morning workshop session has finished and we have retired to the bar.

If this is of interest to anyone, then a link to the relevant page on the White Rose Tours website is provided below.

https://www.motorcycletours.co.uk/tours ... kshop.html

When the web page opens, Click on 'Tour Itinerary' and read the paragraph for Friday 9th February 2024.
If you are interested, please contact White Rose Tours via their website. I am not able to help with bookings.

Why Me ?

You'll have to ask Sharan, Chris or Dave about that - but I do have a lot of practical experience with the Garmin Zumos, and have researched much of what goes wrong and why. I have even more experience working with large groups of people - adults, parents, teachers and students for management, planning, training, support, discussions and advice.

I reckon that I have prepared enough resources to keep going for a week - trying to anticipate every possible query. I know that I will use only a fraction of what I have prepared - but cannot know which will not be needed - that will depend on how the morning progresses. I have a few 'must do' topics, and all of the time I will want to make sure that everyone knows what to do when they receive a GPX file, and that they understand what they can do to recover if it does all go haywire.

I will not be covering route planning software like Basecamp, MyRouteApp, Kurviger, Google, Explore - but mention of them is inevitable, as all of them cause issues of one kind or another for the Zumos.

@Stu has given me permission to bring this opportunity to the attention of members of ZumoUserForums.

Bump. Update. I am told that there are still places available for the workshop. Use the link if interested.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Zumo GPS Workshop opportunity

Post by Peobody »

John, I hope you feel honored. You are certainly qualified. I look forward to a follow-up post describing how it went and the topics that garnered the most interest.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
Scarecrow
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 19 times
Great Britain

Post by Scarecrow »

John what a great idea
Is there any chance of recording the sessions for those who cant make it
I'm sure there could be some way they could be recorded and purchased online.
twowheelstom
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 20 times
Canada

Post by twowheelstom »

will it be available to watch on Youtube?
2005 Kawasaki 800 cruiser Zumo XT 8-)