Where I've Been app

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
wolfman
United States of America

Where I've Been app

Post by wolfman »

I've had several models of the Zumo. I was using a 396 before I bought my XT2. The 396 has a Where I've Been app that shows me everywhere I've ridden for any particular day that I want and shows me the date and total mileage. When I navigate to Where I've Been on the XT2 it says this feature has been moved to the track logs if I remember right. There all I can see is segments of the day. Is there any way the XT2 will show me what the 396 did?

Wolf
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 613 times
Great Britain

Re: Where I've Been app

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forums.

I don't know the XT2, but on the XT all of the track logs are 'hidden' in the Tracks app. On the right hand side are two tabs. One shows the list of tracks, the other shows the activity log files.

This is from an XT ( borrowed from the Garmin site) showing the Tracks with Explore enabled. The screen without Explore enabled is similar. Note the two tabs on the right, the lower tab looks like a calculator display. I don't know if this also applies to the XT2, but it might give a clue as to where to look ?

IMG_0244.png
IMG_0244.png (29.89 KiB) Viewed 946 times

Note that for all Zumos that I have owned, the older trip logs are deleted to make room for newer ones. The files are accessible from the computer file browser with the USB cable attached to the Zumo. They are in the GPX folder CurrentTrackLog.gpx, and in the archive folder as numbered gpx files. You may want to seek them out and download them every few weeks. They won't be there forever.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
wolfman
United States of America

Post by wolfman »

Thanks for the reply. I know where the logs are but I would like to see a map of the entire day without having to move the tracks to my laptop every day.

Wolf
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

wolfman wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 4:21 am Thanks for the reply. I know where the logs are but I would like to see a map of the entire day without having to move the tracks to my laptop every day.

Wolf
Ok. Understood. I've seen 'Where the 'Where I've Been' App on one of my units. Can't remember which one. I've never looked at it , because I download the logs and use them in other mapping programs . I didn't know that it would pick out your rides day by day.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
wolfman
United States of America

Post by wolfman »

Here is what it looks like:
IMG_1674.jpeg
IMG_1674.jpeg (553.39 KiB) Viewed 923 times
Attachments
IMG_1676.jpeg
IMG_1676.jpeg (551.97 KiB) Viewed 923 times
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Yes @wolfman - it is still there on the XT - just as you show it (except mine isn't upside down !!).

Main Screen -> Apps -> Where I've Been

You have to scroll down the 3 screens - 12 rows, 24 apps to be able to see it. Assuming that you haven't reordered them. (Which you can do by long pressing an app until the orange highlight disappears, and then drag it to a different place.)

wolfman
United States of America

Post by wolfman »

When I navigate to it, it says it has been moved to the track logs. I have no idea why the pictures posted upside down, they didn't start out that way. Are you using an XT or the XT2?

Wolf
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

As i have said throughout - mine is an XT, not an XT2. I've hunted for XT2 screen images to help, but have been unable to find anything relevant.

Just teasing about the upside down pictures. I don't know why that happened.

Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

jfheath wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:37 am Just teasing about the upside down pictures. I don't know why that happened.
@wolfman, Don't feel like you did anything incorrectly that resulted in the 180° rotation. I have had pictures displayed with a 90° rotation. I couldn't figure it why so asked about it in the forum help. @Stu responded that it is a known forum software issue. I assume the same bug bit you, just multiplied by two. The only workaround I came up with was to remove the picture files and replace them with picture screen snips using the "Upload clipboard image" function.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Peobody wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 2:03 pm The only workaround I came up with was to remove the picture files and replace them with picture screen snips using the "Upload clipboard image" function.
Tell me more.... That sounds useful. You mean it doesn't have to be saved as a file first. Most forums allow clipboard, but I'm resigned to using a temp folder just for zumouserforums images !