Zumo 665 Odd Behavior

Got a question that doesn't fit in to any other category? Then please use this section.
Tom Larkin XCT
Has liked: 1 time
United States of America

Zumo 665 Odd Behavior

Post by Tom Larkin XCT »

All;

I have an intermittant problem on my Zumo 665 when following routes I created in Basecamp. I'll be moving along and the GPS will suddenly display the following message, "Cannot calculate the route. No roads near the destination." I am not able to back out of it and have to power down the GPS and restart and reselect the route. I never had this problem with Mapsource. Has anyone else ever seen this and have a solution?

Thank you!
Tom
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Zumo 665 Odd Behavior

Post by sussamb »

Garmin recommend MapSource for your Zumo because of this problem, I'm afraid there is little you can do about it. This is what they say

The following devices are NOT compatible with routing in BaseCamp:

zumo 400 series
zumo 500 and 550
zumo 660 and 665
These devices may appear to take a route without issue however, when navigating the route, an error message may appear. An alternate program to use is Mapsource. First, download the map to your computer then, use MapSource to create and transfer routes to your Zumo
Tom Larkin XCT
United States of America

Post by Tom Larkin XCT »

I was under the impression that Mapsource hasn’t been supported by Garmin in many years. From what I understood, it was still useable, but it wasn’t possible to get updated maps. I hope I’m wrong as I liked it a lot better than Basecamp.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

MapSource still works. Uses same maps that Express downloads to your PC as BaseCamp. What it can't do but BaseCamp can is read maps from your device.
Tom Larkin XCT
United States of America

Post by Tom Larkin XCT »

Thank you!