For everything Garmin Zumo 390/395/396 related
oddball
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Re: Map selection

Post by oddball »

Tried Javawa made no difference.
To reiterate
I have an OSM map installed in Basecamp on PC,the map is also installed on the Zumo and is listed under My maps/maps update.When I have the OSM map ticked the zumo displays it in view map but when I plug the zumo into pc and open Basecamp only the pre installed City Navigator Europe is displayed in the left panel under Zumo.If I try to send the route I have created in Basecamp using the OSM map I get the message that it will be recalculated because it wasn't created with the map that is installed on the Zumo, ( IT IS INSTALLED grrrrrr ) which then gives me a crazy route!
ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Les
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 18 times
Great Britain

Post by Les »

When you open Base camp, do you get this option?
Attachments
OSM.jpg
OSM.jpg (62.41 KiB) Viewed 1140 times
oddball
Great Britain

Post by oddball »

Yes Les ,the map shows up in Basecamp under maps.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Did the OSM map show in JaVaWa device manager? Did you set it to show in BaseCamp? Does the name match the one in BaseCamp, if not use device manager to change the name. If you've done it correctly so the map names match and the flag is set it will show in BaseCamp and routes won't recalculate. Ensure you restart both BaseCamp and your device, although I've never found that necessary others have.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

When using the Zumo with OSM maps - you must untick the routable Garmin maps, leaving only the OSM map ticked - otherwise you get very weired behaviour. The DEM maps and TopoActive are not routable, so they could be left ticked - but while you are trying to get the OSM maps to work, I'd just tick the OSM.

You said that you had ticked the OSM maps - I don't know if you unticked the others. I haven't got a clue whether this would solve your probem, but it will certainly stop other problems when navigating.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
oddball
Great Britain

Post by oddball »

Yes I did untick the other maps and only had the Osm map ticked.
As previously said the Map DOES show in Basecamp and has the same name.The map IS loaded onto the Zumo and even displays when 'view map' is pressed.
I changed the name using the Javawa app but do you mean by 'the flag is set '?
For now I've now reinstalled Basecamp and removed any maps that I added ( removed from Zumo as well) now only has pre installed ones (Global and City navigator Europe) have also formatted SD card again.Hopefully somebody can give me step by step instructions to install and get this map to work.
Thanks.
Last edited by oddball on Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

That was worth checking - I assumed that you would have unticked the others, but since it wasn't stated...

I didn't say anything about a flag being set ?? Ah - that was sussamb in the post before.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
oddball
Great Britain

Post by oddball »

Yes all suggestions are welcome,thanks.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

oddball wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 8:02 am I changed the name using the Javawa app but do you mean by 'the flag is set '?
As I explained some maps aren't set to show in BaseCamp. In device manager select the map and select the Show in BaseCamp button.
oddball
Great Britain

Re: Map selection (SOLVED)

Post by oddball »

Fantastic! finally got the map in and when I send my route it isn't recalculated.
One of the problems I noticed was that sometimes the sd card wouldn't show up in Basecamp under Zumo in the left pane and formatting it didn't change anything after reading up about the sd card the one I was using was 32 gb which is the max the Zumo will take.So I thought maybe the card was faulty but it isn't so I thought that maybe being on the max Gb was having an effect.So I changed to a 16 gb card and that resolved the problem of it being seen in Basecamp.
Now MY error,I downloaded Javawa GMTK instead of Java Device manager and was changing the name of map with Javawa GMTK,which obviously didn't work.
After the last post by Sussamb I realised what I had done wrong so downloaded the correct Javawa clicked the button to make the map visible in Basecamp and Voila! there it was in all it's glory listed in the left pane in Basecamp even without changing the name.
Without doubt the sd card wasn't helping but it was Sussamb who gave me the solution so massive thanks to him and thanks to everybody who took the time to read and suggest possible solutions. :D :D :D