Pairing XT with Packtalk Edge as GPS

Got any questions about Audio, Headsets and Earplugs then please use this section.
raesewell
Been liked: 12 times
Great Britain

Pairing XT with Packtalk Edge as GPS

Post by raesewell »

I was wondering how the set up would perform if I paired the Zumo XT to the Cardo Packtalk Edge as a GPS instaed of as a phone.

Originally I had the XT paired as a phone which worked fine with the Packtalk Edge the only downside was the lack of the OK Google function, which in reality I probably wouldn't use. However my curiosity being what it is I had to try the alternative of pairing as a GPS.
I must say I think I prefer it to the original setup. Everything works including the OK Google if you want it.
The packtalk Edge becomes the central hub.
1. Pair the phone to the XT as normal to connect with Garmin Drive and then disable on the XT Media Audio
2. On the phone disable within bluetooth setting XT all options Calls, Audio, and Contact Sharing.
3. Pair the XT to the Edge as a GPS (see Edge user manual)
4. On the XT find the Edge setting and disable Media audio and leave the headphone connect ticked.

As an aside I have my phone set up to auto answer calls while a headset is connected.

I will give this set up a try for a while and I'll see how I get on with it. Of course if it doesn't suit you can always revert to the other set up.
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Re: Pairing XT with Packtalk Edge as GPS

Post by lkraus »

The issue I run into using the phone as a music/entertainment source is that eventually something always needs a screen input, requiring a stop, removing gloves, digging the phone out of a pocket, etc.

So my music is on the microSD card. The drawback is no phone or music when the XT is left at home, without changing the pairing configuration.
Been liked: 12 times
Great Britain

Re: Pairing XT with Packtalk Edge as GPS

Post by raesewell »

To be honest I rarely if ever listen to music while riding, I tested it in the interests of being thorough. Also I must say the voice control of the Edge just works although I have been using the buttons just so I get used to it. I do have an SD card in the XT with routes and music if I want to listen to music from the XT.