Audio Output Button???

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
BobsYourUncle
United States of America

Audio Output Button???

Post by BobsYourUncle »

I want to use the speaker on my Zumo Roadtech 660. It works fine until I place the Zumo in the handlebar mounted power cradle, then it routes all sound through the wired headset. I am now using a helmet with no speakers, so I want the audio to go through the Zumo's speaker. According to the Zumo's Help menu, I should be able to go to the Menu page, choose Volume, which will let me see a Mixer button and an Audio Output button. Then I'm supposed to choose the Audio Output button. The problem is, there is no Audio Output button visible on that screen, only the Mixer button.

Does anyone know where the Audio Output button can be accessed? Or failing that, does anyone know how to make it so the sound goes through the Zumo's speaker even when it is plugged into the mounted power cradle on my handlebars?

Thanks!
kernowing
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Re: Audio Output Button???

Post by kernowing »

Not sure if it would work but you could try selecting Automobile mode rather than Motorcycle mode :?: :?:
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
waspanman
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by waspanman »

From memory the unit can tell if it's on the motorcycle or car mount, I think that's how it knows to use bluetooth or earpiece for the bike.
Although sometimes it takes a while to chose, but then my units are both around 12 years old.
kernowing
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 55 times
Great Britain

Post by kernowing »

waspanman wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:13 am From memory the unit can tell if it's on the motorcycle or car mount, I think that's how it knows to use bluetooth or earpiece for the bike.
Although sometimes it takes a while to chose, but then my units are both around 12 years old.
When I've been using my 660 in the car mount and I put it back on the bike it gives you the option to stay in car mode or switch to m/c mode. If you elected to keep it car mode, would the speaker stay active?
2007 GL1800 Goldwing
2018 Triumph Speedmaster 1200 (now sold)
Zumo 660LM
waspanman
Been liked: 4 times
Great Britain

Post by waspanman »

Usually mine starts with the speaker on, then switches to headset or earpiece, but as I have never tried your option, put me down as a don't know.
No I cannot in all conscience respond from a position of no knowledge, so out to the garage to test and sure enough a couple of seconds on speaker
then headset/earpiece, even in automobile mode.
If you really want audible output without earphones etc, what about a small speaker in the audio out jack, but remember the instructions will be broadcast to all, embarrassing in town, as my wife can testify, I put a Pyle audio system on her 750 Virago just so she could hear the instructions, she hated it
As I ride a Triumph Trophy SE, I have the option to route the sat nav audio through the bikes speakers, but haven't tried, as we have Shoei neotech 2
helmets with Sena SRL 2 comms fitted