SRL - Zumo - Nord 1+

Need help with the forum? or got some forum feedback? Please use this section.
chris.hood
Great Britain

SRL - Zumo - Nord 1+

Post by chris.hood »

I have the Zumo XT. Works fine on my Africa Twin, and not bothered really about the audio side for navigation - happy with pictures!
However, a friend with the same set -up has a smooth working system that does what it should, and I'm now trying to set mine up so it functions correctly.

I have the Shoei SRL Sena fitted to my Neotec. I use a Nord 1+ mobile phone. Both these units have been updated to latest software. Zumo is also up to date.

The problem is....

I can connect helmet set and phone to Zumo. I can hear the sat-nav directions on the helmet head set. The phone icon shows on the Zumo. However, when I use the Zumo to make a call, the Zumo lets me make the call, but the headset doesn't connect - it only rings on the phone. Can anyone help?
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: SRL - Zumo - Nord 1+

Post by Peobody »

I don't know about a Sena, but with a Cardo it is important to make sure that the phone is not paired to both the XT and the headset, just to the XT.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

That is correct @Peobody .

Pair the XT to the headset as a phone, not as a GPS
Then pair the XT to your phone.

Load Garmin Drive app on your phone if you want the XT to get live traffic updates and send email, text notifications for display on your Xt screen.

Do not be fooled into thinking that you need to set up Explore, unless you know that you want this. Skip it and decide later.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
chris.hood
Great Britain

Post by chris.hood »

Just tried all that. Everything connects. Still only makes call on phone. Allied me to make the call on the Zumo screen, but still doesn't go through headset.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Go in to the settings on the phone for the connected bluetooth devices and turn off calls for the headset to phone and enable it in the settings for the zumo.
chris.hood
Great Britain

Post by chris.hood »

Still the same Stu.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Post by Stu »

Double check all volume levels on the zumo the phone and the headset

Some volume controls override others and you may need to turn the Bluetooth volume up on the phone once connected
chris.hood
Great Britain

Post by chris.hood »

Checked them, the issue is that the phone call can be placed through the Zumo, connects and rings through the phone but not the headset/helmet