Tread app on Android emulator on pc?

Got a question that doesn't fit in to any other category? Then please use this section.
Protonhound
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 3 times
United States of America

Tread app on Android emulator on pc?

Post by Protonhound »

Hello All,
Has anyone tried running the tread app to plan routes in an Android emulator on pc and then use those routes successfully on a device ? It would be much easier because of the bigger screen so before I waste a bunch of time on this I'm hoping that someone has input on this, thanks.
Protonhound
United States of America

Re: Tread app on Android emulator on pc?

Post by Protonhound »

I have contacted Garmin about this:

Me:
"Do you know if the tread app will work with an android emulator on pc? It would be nice to be able to use my monitor to plan routes."

Garmin:
"It hasn't been tested. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide any steps to assist you."

I guess I can try using Samsung DeX.
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Post by lkraus »

I've not tried to use Tread, but Explore on my PC via Samsung DeX was not successful. Biggest problem was that there was no way to control the zoom level. There was no response to the mouse scroll wheel and no other zoom controls available.

I quickly gave up after I realized the map, even on the phone, was useless. When the map scale indicated anything between 5 and 20 miles, the map showed every cemetery, but only had labels for major cities and roads.
United States of America

Post by Protonhound »

Thanks for the input!
I've been playing around with the Tread app on my new galaxy s23 ultra which has a big enough screen and the s-pen definitely makes it pretty easy to plan routes. The auto sync to XT2 works well. I'm still using google maps to verify routes so I don't get sent down some logging road.
I have been using Roadtrippers which is great for route planning on pc but the XT2 is real finicky with 3'rd part .gpx files and if it even does import one it will create hundreds of shaping points along the way. The Tread app will only import waypoints and not create a route.