Hello from Germany

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
proofresistant
Has liked: 2 times
Germany

Hello from Germany

Post by proofresistant »

Hello from Germany.

In short, I have been riding motorcycles for about 30 years and have been intensively involved with motorcycle navigation for a good 15 years.

For good reasons, I also got along more than well for a good 15 years without Garmin.
I always preferred TomTom because in my eyes the detailed route planning on the PC is the best basis and I want to get to the destination as easily as possible and above all reliably when driving without many options.
You can certainly plan well with Basecamp, but other tools such as Tyre make it easier even for the smallest country roads, for example, crisscross through the Alps or German low mountain ranges.

So by the way, where I can I also do not follow the mainstream, and prefer for the road tours a Ducati Multistrada 1200 of the first generations instead of popular modern travel enduro ;-)

So why am I here now?
Since I already drove almost all interesting curvy routes around Germany and also any routes in Alps several times it was time for something new and start with legally possible offroad tours.

For offroad were now reached the limits of TomTom and I need GPX track capable motorcycle navi (cell phone and also Montana or Oregon are not designed enough for me on motorcycle)

What can I say, my battels with the Garmin tools began as suspected ;-)

After a few days / weeks of intensive study I was a little fit with Basecamp and my first test of the use of an offroad suitable Garmin Tread. The Garmin Tread then went after the first offroad goal back again, because it permanently failed because of power supply contact problems.

Then I bought, also because of the revised mounting bracket, the Zumo XT 2 and now I'm glad about the exchange of experiences here.

Further you see then in my answers or even posts.

Friendly greetings
proofresistant

PS
My dirtbike for offroad is a GasGas ES 700 :-)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Hello from Germany

Post by Peobody »

Willkommen im Forum aus dem Südosten der USA.

Translated with https://www.deepl.com/Translator (free version)

English: Welcome to the forum from the Southeastern USA.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.