Service History Application Question

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
LQQK_OUT
Has liked: 8 times
United States of America

Service History Application Question

Post by LQQK_OUT »

In the "Service History" application, all my records (and I had many) are missing. I did not delete them and I don't believe I consciously did a factory reset on my Zumo 595LM. I do use the "Back Up" utility within Garmin Express, but I'm guessing that doesn't backup the "Service History".
So, did Garmin implement the "Service History" as a simple database application without giving one the ability to back up the data?
If true, this is just another reason to use my iPhone for any application other than navigation on my GPS.
Zumo 595LM
2011 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU
1993 Harley-Davidson FLSTF
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Re: Service History Application Question

Post by rbentnail »

Sorry no one answered, but like me perhaps no one trusts Garmin to be proficient at anything other than being a GPS. As a rule, I don't trust anything electronic for important record keeping. Phones get lost and computers die, the Cloud is nothing more than someone else's computer. I'll use passive storage- SD card, thumb drive, even cd's until I print a copy- but I keep nothing important solely on an active storage device. For my vehicles I generally use nothing but a little hand written notepad in the glovebox or under the seat. I've lost too much information over the yrs to place too much faith in the reliability of electronics. The multibillion, multinational corporation I work for found out the hard way too in 2020 when its "systems" went belly up. Lost about 600 million usd on that one.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A