Zumo xt2 screen unresponsive

For help and advice on the Garmin Zumo XT2.
turnandslip
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Zumo xt2 screen unresponsive

Post by turnandslip »

Good luck! I am sporting my 4th unit now (to give Garmin credit, they turn them round very quickly) and whilst in the past I have received a completely new boxed unit, this time it was just the head unit in a Jiffy bag.

My take on this is that it will indeed be a refurbished unit where (hopefully) the freezing and random selections have been fully identified and rectified.

I’ll repost once I’ve had a chance to give it a good run out as it only seemed to fail after a prolonged period of operation - over 2 hours plus.

My fingers are crossed
sperelli
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Italy

Post by sperelli »

Good morning Sirs

Yestered I returned my XT2 to my local dealer in Italy, same issue of screen unresponsive to touch inputs as yours. :(
Only 1500km of usage.
Firmware: 4.60 (4.50 seemed not to give the issue, yet I had very short tests on that fw)
Motorcycle: BMW R1250R

Crossfingers!
Hope to read from your exeperiences that Garmin solves the issues on latest devices. :?:

Best Regards
jfheath
Has liked: 284 times
Been liked: 621 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Welcome @sperelli

If Garmin have given you a return number, then you'll be receiving a replacement unit pretty quickly. Your replacement is usually posted ont he same day that yours arrived with them. Probably a refurbished one, but I think they take the models that have been returned, and keep the parts that are working as intended. I've had a few replacement units over the years, and they have all looked brand new.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
sperelli
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times
Italy

Post by sperelli »

jfheath wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:23 am Welcome @sperelli

If Garmin have given you a return number, then you'll be receiving a replacement unit pretty quickly. Your replacement is usually posted ont he same day that yours arrived with them. Probably a refurbished one, but I think they take the models that have been returned, and keep the parts that are working as intended. I've had a few replacement units over the years, and they have all looked brand new.
Thank you for your reply.
Atm I am waiting for feedback from my dealer.
I decided not to return directly to Garmin, hoping to receive a new (not refurbished) unit.