Map changes failed - Zumo XT

olias
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Map changes failed - Zumo XT

Post by olias »

My first post. Too bad it's because I'm having a technical issue. I do like my XT but BaseCamp is a bit of a challenge.

This used to work for the City Navigator maps to install on my computer but it just fails after the status bar starts to go past 1%. I'm on a freshly installed Windows 11 computer. It worked on the same computer before I replaced the hard drive and reinstalled Windows 11. I tried it on my MacBook Air and it works no problem so it has to be either Microsoft changed something or Garmin did. I can use my Mac for now but would sure like to solve how to get the maps installed to my PC so I don't need to always connect the GPS.See pictures below for details.

Thanks, oli
Attachments
GE Fail.png
GE Fail.png (302.82 KiB) Viewed 3759 times
olias
Been liked: 1 time
Canada

Re: Map changes failed - Zumo XT

Post by olias »

Well I hacked it into submission. I copied the 3 files from my map folder on the Mac to my PC and it worked... can see the City Nav map in BaseCamp now.
Dingo
Australia

Re: Map changes failed - Zumo XT

Post by Dingo »

Sigh... I'm seeing exactly the same problem trying to copy the latest maps for Australia (2024.1) to my computer to use in BaseCamp (latest version of Express). Unfortunately I don't have a Mac installation to copy from, so if anyone else has any suggestions on how to get around this issue, that'd be great!