Hello from England - long time Garmin user

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Trinity
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Hello from England - long time Garmin user

Post by Trinity »

Hello

I've been a Zumo fan for 20 years and I do a lot of touring - around 15k miles a year. I've had a 595 for the last 6 years which has proved to be worth the investment and I've no plans to change it at the moment. I use MyRouteApp for route planning, Garmin Express for updates and Basecamp to view ride history/stats.

I'm here because I am a huge Garmin fan but also because I've heard a lot of negatives from XT owners so I'm keeping my ear to the ground before considering replacing the 595.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Re: Hello from England - long time Garmin user

Post by Peobody »

Greetings @Trinity. Welcome to the forum. Be careful about the XT "negatives" that you read about. It has some frustrating behaviors but is great device overall. This forum is a great place for us XT owners to vent about these behaviors and to try to understand what it's doing and how best to accommodate or control it. We do this a lot. The challenge you will have is deciding between the XT and the XT2, if you stick with Garmin.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Welcome to the forums.

I posted a link on the FaceBook page the other day - hopefully I have lured you over from that terrible group - where very occasionally, someone will say something that is accurate and makes sense. But mostly, contributions are put downs, off topic or - how shall I put it - not entirely correct !

I sometimes make a contribution on the FB page when I can see some poor soul being bombarded with a load of incorrect information, and to remind myself what an excellent forum this place is !

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
ZFtracker
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 16 times
United States of America

Post by ZFtracker »

Welcome, Trinity.
Zumo 590
Montana 610
Drive 60
inReach Mini