Cannot enter address or any data

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
suzukizone
Been liked: 7 times
United States of America

Cannot enter address or any data

Post by suzukizone »

PROBLEM # 1 Last year I found I could not enter data to my Zumo 660. For example, If I attempt to enter an address I get a message:

No data available

This occurs for any function that requires I put data in to get a route.(Such as "Points of Interest", "Intersection", etc..

It happens whether on battery (fully charged) or power cable.

Was working fine, until one day......

PROBLEM # 2 Additionally, when I plug the Zumo into my iMac to update maps or plot my own route, it will not connect but goes direct to driving mode main screen. In Garmin Express, the Zumo is not seen and though it is listed, the green button does not light up so Garmin Express is not recognizing the Zumo's existence.

Garmin no longer offering support for this model. I have pulled the battery and let unit sit several times, I went to settings and hit "Restore" several times as well. All to no avail.

Hope someone or several someones will have a solution.

Thank you,

DH
lkraus
Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 110 times
United States of America

Re: Cannot enter address or any data

Post by lkraus »

The USB cable is providing power, but apparently not data. Try different cables or ports. Also, some newer, faster, computers have issues with older USB devices that can sometimes be corrected by connecting through a USB hub. I've had similar issues transferring large amounts of data to my XT or phone from my PC and it's pretty common with Apple computers.

I'd get this problem corrected first, because without a data connection you can't correct missing or corrupted files that might cause the "No Data" problem.
United States of America

Post by suzukizone »

"The USB cable is providing power, but apparently not data. Try different cables or ports. Also, some newer, faster, computers have issues with older USB devices that can sometimes be corrected by connecting through a USB hub. I've had similar issues transferring large amounts of data to my XT or phone from my PC and it's pretty common with Apple computers.

I'd get this problem corrected first, because without a data connection you can't correct missing or corrupted files that might cause the "No Data" problem."
[/

Thanks Ikrause,

1. Tried 2 different cables, one was the cable I have been using with the Zumo for years. Tried taking cables off the hub & plugging directly into the iMac. That worked as to getting the Zumo to connect.

2. Still have the problem inputting any key strokes into the Zumo for "address", etc. Thay is my BIG problem.

Hope someone has a clue.

DH
suzukizone
United States of America

Post by suzukizone »

Hoping someone out there has a clue to my ZUMO 660 not able to accept keystrokes and displaying the No Data Available message. Garmin has abandoned this expensive model. Headed for the trash.