Getting Maps from my Zumo onto the PC (Basecamp)

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
Bowlin01
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 3 times
Great Britain

Re: Getting Maps from my Zumo onto the PC (Basecamp)

Post by Bowlin01 »

@Peobody

That's possible (but unlikely) as only when the Zumo is plugged in could I see the maps in Basecamp which were installed on the Zumo only (which I could). Ergo as I could see the maps in Basecamp it must have registered that the Zumo was present.

As I say weird, but no matter as the problem is now solved (probably by magic rather than logic) :lol:

Cheers
Steve
Sean OZ
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 4 times
Australia

Post by Sean OZ »

lkraus wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 3:18 am Selecting Map Details, then Options, gives me a choice to Reinstall Map or Install To Computer.

If Install To Computer is not shown, Reinstall might count as an update, and won't hurt anything.

And yes, the XT must be plugged in via USB to install the map on the computer.
Yes, this topic was posted quite sometime ago now, but just wanted to say, thanks "Ikraus" for letting us know how to transfer maps already installed on a Zumo to a PC.I was able to do so successfully using a ZUMO XT2 and a Widows11 PC. Base camp and the maps from my XT2 "city navigator for Australia/NZ" now operating smoothly. I now no longer need the XT2 to be plugged into PC when using Base Camp.

Base Camp shows the city nav map MUCH faster now that the map data can be directly sourced from the PC hard drive, instead of via the ZUMO XT2
Thanks, Ikraus!
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 277 times
United States of America

Post by Peobody »

sussamb wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 6:39 pm Ah ok, if you've never updated the maps on your Zumo you won't see the option under Map Options to install the map to your computer. That only appears after Express has updated maps on your device
While rereading this discussion the above comment jumped out at me, prompting me to ask whether Express would ever show the option to install map to computer if a device like the XT only ever did map updates via wi-fi. If Express wouldn't, then that might explain a problem I encountered early in my XT/Express/Basecamp experience and affirm my thinking that Express does not poll the device to see what is there (eg: see the map > enable the install to computer option).
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.