Hi from UK

Feel free to join up and say hello here.
Grumly
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Hi from UK

Post by Grumly »

Hi There. Seem to have ended up with 4 garmin's and basecamp and still struggle at times on long days motorcycle rides/tours. Hoping to gain some guidance on the issue of planning a route with just a few waypoints ( and ending up in a farmyard yet again ) or loads and then trying to work out how many confusingly named waypoints to skip when I come across a shut road blocking off access to a whole section of the route.
Stu
Site Admin
Has liked: 400 times
Been liked: 213 times
Great Britain

Re: Hi from UK

Post by Stu »

Hi and welcome to the forum

There is plenty of information on using basecamp and route planning

Try some of the videos that @jfheath has done viewtopic.php?t=2057
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Hi. Welcome.

What model zumos do you have ?
Believe it or not, they behave differently from each other so it helps to know.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

jfheath wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:55 pm Hi. Welcome.

What model zumos do you have ?
Believe it or not, they behave differently from each other so it helps to know.
My question and reasoning exactly! Expecting them to all act the same got me in loads of trouble.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Grumly
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by Grumly »

Cheers. Yes I thought they would behave the same, was so surprised when they look/feel so different. You would have thought they would add features and improve performance instead of re writing the whole interface. Anyway ancient zumo 220 ( still going strong ), zumo 346 ( causing the issues touring and long days out ), wife has a drive smart 51 lmt-s and another there is an old E1000 which I never got on with for more than one trip.
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

I've not owned any of those. I still have my original Magellan 4000 though. I'll have to write a spoof account on that one !

I think the closest to what many of us use would be the 346. Was your previous one a 346 Russ ? (@rbentnail ).

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
rbentnail
Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 201 times
United States of America

Post by rbentnail »

jfheath wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:18 pm I've not owned any of those. I still have my original Magellan 4000 though. I'll have to write a spoof account on that one !

I think the closest to what many of us use would be the 346. Was your previous one a 346 Russ ? (@rbentnail ).
Going backwards in time I have the XT for the bikes, the 595 I moved to my truck and before that for many yrs I used a nuvi780. The nuvi, besides not being weather resistant, was by far the easiest and most intuitive of them all with the most helpful features for me. It will still boot up and communicate with Express but its functionality is long gone. I got it factory refurbished for a ridiculously low price to learn with and it took me the length of the eastern USA more than once, at least 100,000 miles traveled with that thing before it started dying.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A
Miarose
United States of America

Post by Miarose »

Hi