CN EU 2023.2 NTU is available

chrismckay
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Re: CN EU 2023.2 is available

Post by chrismckay »

skellum wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:33 am I also had the same problem when updating a 390LM - It also initially said it couldn't unlock maps - I used the Garmin support chat line and their answer was that I needed to upgrade to a new unit!
So the unit is left with just Southern Europe Maps installed and Garmin Express has no option to change maps - only to re-install the current map. Looking at a number of forums it would seem a lot of other owners are having the same issue so hopefully Garmin will come up with a 'fix' soon!

PS. I had no such problem when I updated my XT.
I have just purchased the XT and have not even switched it on yet, dont want the same thing to happen via a map update.
Another thing that has happened is tjhat when I have updated to PC via Express, Europe 2023.2 is not showing any data Express says that it uploaded successfully but there is no zoomable info, just a base map.
Is my ability to update maps to PC linked to the Zumo 390LM?....this is the only device at present on Garmin Express.

Chris... :D
chrismckay

Post by chrismckay »

Did they offer a reason why you needed to update to a newer unit? Is there a lifetime on Garmin products?
Its infuriating if this is the case, my 390 LM is immaculate, only comes out the drawer once a year for a European trip.

I had the same reply when trying to update a Garmin hand held hillwalking device, said they didnt support it any more and I needed to upgrade.....I ended up using smartphone and Ordinance Survey app
ChainsawDude
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Post by ChainsawDude »

skellum wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:33 am I used the Garmin support chat line and their answer was that I needed to upgrade to a new unit!
I think the minimum they should do is downgrade you to the CN Europe 2023.10 maps.

I do expect Garmin to fix this, just not as a priority.
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

chrismckay wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:14 pm I have just purchased the XT and have not even switched it on yet, dont want the same thing to happen via a map update.
I think the XT is safe to update. Mine did without any problems. And I only read problems with 'older' devices like the 350 and 390.
No guarantees though...
Oop North John
Has liked: 77 times
Been liked: 44 times
Great Britain

Post by Oop North John »

titter wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:23 pm So is the advice that I should not install it on my Zumo 396 for the UK? I started installing it then on reading this thread aborted it! :shock:
It installed onto my 396 no bother.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

chrismckay wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:20 pm Did they offer a reason why you needed to update to a newer unit? Is there a lifetime on Garmin products?
Its infuriating if this is the case, my 390 LM is immaculate, only comes out the drawer once a year for a European trip.

I had the same reply when trying to update a Garmin hand held hillwalking device, said they didnt support it any more and I needed to upgrade.....I ended up using smartphone and Ordinance Survey app
Which device? My ten year old Etrex 20 updates without issue
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

skellum wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:33 am I also had the same problem when updating a 390LM - It also initially said it couldn't unlock maps - I used the Garmin support chat line and their answer was that I needed to upgrade to a new unit!
So the unit is left with just Southern Europe Maps installed
That's nonsense. Try this method
http://www.poi-factory.com/node/39231
chrismckay

Post by chrismckay »

sussamb wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:48 pm
chrismckay wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:20 pm Did they offer a reason why you needed to update to a newer unit? Is there a lifetime on Garmin products?

Which device? My ten year old Etrex 20 updates without issue
The unit is the 60csx
chrismckay

Post by chrismckay »

i talked with Garmin support this morning regarding my issues with updating my Zumo 390LM

They have requested and I have sent the following information...

Thanks for your call today, as advised we require the following information from your device to get this resolved for you

Sending App Logs From the Garmin Express App to Garmin Product Support
Retrieving a GarminDevice.xml File for an Automotive Device
Screenshot from Garmin Express showing Map Options screen
Screenshot of Device showing what maps are installed (Settings > Map & Vehicle > myMaps)

I will update the board with their findings....

Chris... :D
sussamb
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

chrismckay wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:59 pm The unit is the 60csx
That is very old. What were you trying to update?