CN EU 2023.2 NTU is available

ChainsawDude
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 8 times
Great Britain

Re: CN EU 2023.2 is available

Post by ChainsawDude »

sussamb wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:53 pm just seen a post on a Garmin forum, member there had the same issue and resolved it by removing all maps and then doing a reinstall with Express.
I have no way to remove maps from my Zumo 350LM.
I have seen the screenshot on the 4th post of this thread but my Express looks nothing like that? Infact my Express gives me no control whatsoever, can't select regions, can't select use removable storage, can't remove maps.
I tried a new micro SD card but it seems the Southern Europe maps are now in internal memory so the new micro SD made no difference.
I probably shouldn't edit files in the internal memory because that could go badly.

Express is a black box which is fine except when it doesn't work.

I assume Express reads the serial number and knows it's a LM (lifetime maps) model and knows to install full maps without checking my purchase history but that's me guessing.
955Tiger
Great Britain

Post by 955Tiger »

Thanks for all of your replies / responses.

A couple of comments initially:-
- Express when used with the 390 and also it apeaars with the 350 does NOT have a manage maps button so that is not an option.
- When I ran the original upgrade to 2023.2 I installed the maps to both the Zumo and the PC. Both had the same problem.
- I have tried all of the various options shown on the Garmin site, and listed here, none of them made a difference and most talked about features in Express that I do not have.
- Out of frustration I started to look for a way to revert to the previous version.

Eventually I have found a way to restore my system to 2023.1 by using Map Installer and at least I now have something that works as it did before the uppgrade. Having said that Express still says I am up to date with the latest version!
So for now I have something that works.
I have not had a response to the support request I put in to Garmin when the problem first appeared, I will be interested to hear what they say, if anything. If I get anything concrete I will let you all know.
ChainsawDude
Great Britain

Post by ChainsawDude »

Reminds of the update from May 2022 when pretty much the same thing occured :shock:
viewtopic.php?t=1805
Garmin did respond to support requests and produced a fix.
Last edited by ChainsawDude on Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Unfortunately, as I posted above about BaseCamp, Map Installer has the same issues as it's part of BaseCamp as well as a stand alone program, so you'll have maps but not the other updates that Express does along with the map. Ideally you need to get Express working properly
FrankB
Has liked: 91 times
Been liked: 125 times
Netherlands

Post by FrankB »

In this Dutch site https://forum.gps.nl/viewtopic.php?t=53862 they also mention problems with updating on the device. As fas as I can tell they dont have a solution either. If they do I will post it here.
One thing they mention, that seems to make a difference, is the size of a SD card that should be installed. 8 - 32 Gb preferably.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Best for folks having issues to contact Product Support as this seems to be an issue with just this series of devices. More reports they get the better.
titter
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 2 times
Great Britain

Post by titter »

So is the advice that I should not install it on my Zumo 396 for the UK? I started installing it then on reading this thread aborted it! :shock:
ChainsawDude
Great Britain

Post by ChainsawDude »

titter wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:23 pm So is the advice that I should not install it on my Zumo 396 for the UK? I started installing it then on reading this thread aborted it! :shock:
Do you think you will need to use the GPS in the next couple of weeks?
I expect Garmin to address this issue but it may be 1 or 2 weeks.
chrismckay
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by chrismckay »

ChainsawDude wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:08 am
titter wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:23 pm So is the advice that I should not install it on my Zumo 396 for the UK? I started installing it then on reading this thread aborted it! :shock:
Do you think you will need to use the GPS in the next couple of weeks?
I expect Garmin to address this issue but it may be 1 or 2 weeks.
Hello Guys,

Another 390Lm user here with problems similar to above after the map upgrade.
I have contacted support but still awaiting a reply,I will keep th read updated with any progress I have.

Chris.... :D
skellum
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 5 times
Great Britain

Post by skellum »

I also had the same problem when updating a 390LM - It also initially said it couldn't unlock maps - I used the Garmin support chat line and their answer was that I needed to upgrade to a new unit!
So the unit is left with just Southern Europe Maps installed and Garmin Express has no option to change maps - only to re-install the current map. Looking at a number of forums it would seem a lot of other owners are having the same issue so hopefully Garmin will come up with a 'fix' soon!

PS. I had no such problem when I updated my XT.