Transfer Routes, Favourites from 350 to XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jacksonspop312
United States of America

Transfer Routes, Favourites from 350 to XT

Post by jacksonspop312 »

I thought i could capture my favorites and routes stored on a sd card I had in my zumo 350 by inserting it into my new XT. No go. I just got an error message saying 'no maps found'.
Has anyone else tried this with success?
Bill
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Transfer Routes, Favourites from 350 to XT

Post by jfheath »

jacksonspop312 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:20 am I thought i could capture my favorites and routes stored on a sd card I had in my zumo 350 by inserting it into my new XT. No go. I just got an error message saying 'no maps found'.

Yes you can. But we need a bit more information.
eg
How were the routes created in the first place ?
How did you put them into your SD card ?

These comments may help though.

You can transfer routes and favourites to the XT but two separate issues may crop up.

1. Favourites. You have to import these yourself from the SD card:

Where To -> Favourites -> 3 bar menu -> import

But if you have no favourites already saved on the XT, it will tell you that it cannot find any to import. The solution to that is to create one and try again: Tap the map. Tap it again if necessary to get a blue flag. Save it by tapping the flag button at the bottom, give it a name and select Done.

2. Routes.

Routes may be linked to the map that was in use on your 350. The chances are that the map on your XT is a different one. This normally forces the XT to recalculate the route - which can take it a long time and it sometimes fails. But I don't understand the map message unless perhaps your route is for a different part of the world from the maps on your XT ?

3. Maps

Check that your maps are ticked. Settings -> Map & Vehicle -> MyMaps. On a brand new XT, they should all be ticked. On a second hand one you might have an additional map for the same area ticked - which always causes problems. Or worse, an XT which is supplied with maps for a different part of the world.

We would need more information about exactly when that message appears to be able to be more helpful.

What you could do is to put in an SD card that contains a gpx file with just one route, and nothing else. It might help to eliminate the problem.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.