Motorcycle Mount

For everything Garmin Zumo 450/550 related
Chromehead
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Motorcycle Mount

Post by Chromehead »

Hi, I have a 550 but only the car mount.
Is there any other model mount that will take the 550, the 400 series for example?
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Re: Motorcycle Mount

Post by jfheath »

Chromehead wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:14 am Hi, I have a 550 but only the car mount.
Is there any other model mount that will take the 550, the 400 series for example?
I don't know the answer I'm afraid. I know the 400s and 550 looked similar, but its a long time since I had a 550. I liked it at the time, but I was pleased when after the third failure, they had no refurbished ones left and sent me a brand new boxed 660. The cradles for the 550 will be kicking around somewhere - I assume - but it would take me a while to find them. Have you tried ebay ?

I was just looking through unanswered posts. You've not had much luck with replies have you ? Sorry about that. Did you sort out the music file in your last post ? The Zumos pick up any music that is stored in the MP3 folder on both the SD card AND in internal storage.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
Chromehead
Great Britain

Post by Chromehead »

Absolutely no luck on the mount so far, i'm constantly searching eBay, did you find any hiding in your garage?
The query on the SD card resolved itself - I took it out and now use my phone for music instead!
Thanks for asking.

Ian
electro_handyman
Been liked: 31 times
United States of America

Post by electro_handyman »

Chromehead wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:15 am Absolutely no luck on the mount so far, i'm constantly searching eBay, did you find any hiding in your garage?
The query on the SD card resolved itself - I took it out and now use my phone for music instead!
Thanks for asking.

Ian
Let me look in my garage. I've had 2 mounts previously(one on each of my BMW K bikes), but as one bike is now a parts bike and I have the XT to use now on any of my bikes I could probably be persuaded to part with one of them.
Chromehead
Great Britain

Post by Chromehead »

That would be great, if you do PayPal I would happily pay"friends and family" for any costs involved.

Ian
electro_handyman
United States of America

Ian, PM sent.
Chromehead
Great Britain

Post by Chromehead »

Mount now all sorted with the help of electro-handyman - many thanks!
electro_handyman
United States of America

Not a problem. Enjoy many miles with it.