Wrong home location

For everything Garmin Zumo 660/665 related
hammer
United States of America

Wrong home location

Post by hammer »

Months ago I was riding and pressed where to, then home. I was riding and quickly realized it was not taking me home. I looked where it was taking me and it was to a friend's house. I deleted that home location and put my address in. Yesterday it happened again. Same address. I realized that I updated maps. After update I always do master reset. Then a popup asks if want to import data. I do so, to get back favorites. You can import manually at tools, my data, import. In that data is the incorrect home address, which I imported back into gps favorites. I can't figure out how to correct home in that folder? I had also deleted a bunch of favorites, but they are in that folder and reappear after each new map, reset, import is done. I connected to computer, but if course no folder named my data. I tried Garmin express. Tools, utilities, back up, back up now. Did a back up, then did a restore, hoping it would overwrite that folder, but it didn't. Tried basecamp. It shows home-correct address and a home2-my friends address. No way to delete home2. Of note, the favorites i previously deleted on device, which get restored after import, do not show in basecamp. How do I edit what is in that "my data" location?
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Re: Wrong home location

Post by sussamb »

There will be a .gpx file somewhere on your device, if you're reimporting data after a master reset. Look for a .gpx file where the date/time matches when you believe you created that, or alternatively delete all the .gpx files on your device. After that once everything is as you want it make a copy of current.gpx and keep that as your backup if you feel the need.
hammer
United States of America

Post by hammer »

I connected to computer and deleted current.gpx. disconnected zumo and started it up. Didn't seen to do anything? Connected again and deleted file garminexpressimport.gpx. then when went to my data on gps, all but 2 favorites were gone. Unfortunately one was home1. Connected to computer again and deleted current.gpx again. Now all favorites gone from my data. Of note, my favorite were still there if went where to, favorites. But in tools, my data, import, there were no favorites. I then used express to do a backup. I think just wait till next map update and see what happens after master reset. If no favorites in my data to import, then will use express to restore.

There was folder called archived and in it were 19 gpx files numbers 1-19. Not sure what these are but will be trying to figure it out. Number didn't change after I deleted the current.gpx and garminexpressimport.gpx files.

Thank you for your help.
sussamb
Has liked: 311 times
Been liked: 357 times
Great Britain

Post by sussamb »

Just to help you understand this. current.gpx is simply a one way copy of your data held in inaccessible memory on the device. You can delete it and your device will recreate it when it boots. Before it does so though it looks for any other .gpx files, merges them with what's in the inaccessible memory and then overwrites current.gpx