Routes Prepared in MyRouteApp - Used with XT

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 613 times
Great Britain

Re: Routes Prepared in MyRouteApp - Used with XT

Post by jfheath »

Yes- thanks @mad-dawg - I sent an email reply on Sunday.

Thanks for the additional information. I have a case lodged with Garmin about the broken track log and the U turn issue. They repsonded yesterday - and are suggesting (again) that it is satellite reception causing the issue, in spite of the fact I have the active track log being broken, but the manually recorded track log on the same device at the same time not broken.

My track log also has a number of spikes - which is odd - but common - although I went back to logs from years back, and these do not have them - but that seems to be a different issue. I need to go back to your track logs and see if yours spikes as well.

I'm interested that you have also noted that sometimes the U-turn issue doesn't present itself. (And Garmin say they have been unable to reproduce 'it'- but I am not sure whether they are referring to the broken track or to the repeated U turns messages which is when the broken track is created. They want pictures of how my satnav is mounted - see if they can pin the blame on a broken signal.

I've spent a bit of time checking out my electrical supplies to eliminate the possibility of a faulty connector, but still have work to do on that.

I'll keep you (and this thread) updated.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
mad-dawg
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 7 times
Great Britain

Re: Routes Prepared in MyRouteApp - Used with XT

Post by mad-dawg »

Good man!

The satellite reception thing has to be a load of tosh! On the way back I went through westerscheldetunnel in Netherlands, its 6.6km long and the track log shows me entering, travelling through it and leaving. The XT may assume that as I entered the tunnel I have to come out the other end, which I did and it would then pick up reception again and continue the track log. The screen shot below shows the track log, no gaps, and I know it wasn't shouting at me to do a U turn.

In Monaco when I was doing the Meerkat thing, the XT was steadfastly trying to plot a route out of town and to get me back on route despite me ignoring it and trying to go up closed roads and into private estates. :lol: The track log for that hour looks like a child's first attempt at drawing!

Its very unlikely to be reception issues, we have both witnessed this behaviour when off route but, not every time. I admire your persistence and you must have the patience of a saint :D
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 14.07.05.png
Screenshot 2022-10-06 at 14.07.05.png (391.32 KiB) Viewed 306 times