Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 276 times
United States of America

Re: Scenario found where recalc modifies original route

Post by Peobody »

All of what you explained makes sense.

Could the method of changing usage mode play for a route play a role in this? I have been doing it at the point of loading the route using Trip Planner. I select the route which then brings up the screen that lists the waypoints and has the "Map" and "Go" buttons. On that screen, to the right of the spanner, is the button for changing usage modes. When I use that button and then hit Map or Go, the route parameters stored in Current.gpx are modified according to the selected usage mode. All I did was tell the XT that I want to do this route in an automobile today. Modification of the original route parameters as a result demonstrates that we can't rely on reloading a route via Trip Planner to restore the original route.
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.
jfheath
Has liked: 278 times
Been liked: 608 times
Great Britain

Re: Scenario found where recalc modifies original route

Post by jfheath »

Peobody wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 6:53 pm
All I did was tell the XT that I want to do this route in an automobile today. Modification of the original route parameters as a result demonstrates that we can't rely on reloading a route via Trip Planner to restore the original route.
That is correct, In effect you have used the editor to edit the imported route.

But you can still import it again to get the original route. If you don't delete the altered route, you get a second route with the same name with an index number at the end. Because if thus its helpful if you keep you route names shortish, otherwise the index number will not show on the screen.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.