I have received excellent Garmin support service

Got a question that doesn't fit in to any other category? Then please use this section.
Peobody
Subscriber
Has liked: 98 times
Been liked: 276 times
United States of America

I have received excellent Garmin support service

Post by Peobody »

I readily malign Garmin when it comes to Express and Basecamp so I would be remiss if I didn't find a place to do just the opposite after my recent exceptional (in a good way) experience Garmin Product Support. I emailed them inquiring into repair options for the broken USB jack on my XT. I thought it was out of warranty which is the reason I was looking into a repair Their first response came 23 hours later. It contained a couple of questions asking for specifics of the problem. I immediately responded and became a little concerned after not hearing back from them by the end of the following day. The next morning I received an email that they has placed an order for a replacement and would be sending me instructions for the return of mine. I have an upcoming trip scheduled and was concerned about the time involved for the exchange so there were numerous emails back and forth about order processing times and ship times. Eventually I opted to pay a refundable deposit for immediate shipment of the replacement. Their original estimate for processing and shipping was 7-10 days, it arrived in 3. Better still, they sent me an email containing a prepaid UPS label for the return of mine. I shipped mine off 2 days later. Once I could get an estimated delivery date from UPS tracking I sent them an email with that information and requested an estimate on the time for credit to be issued. Again the estimate was 7-10 days and again I received it in 3. It was truly an excellent experience. The only thing that could make it better is quicker response times. Of the 5 emails that were responded to, one was received on the same day, one took 2 days, the rest were always next day even if the email was sent early in the morning. This could be explained by the location of the responding Product Support team, enhanced by my preconception of support as terrible everywhere.

I know that the Garmin Product Support folks will never see this but I thought it was important to state here that they did good for me!
2008 Honda GL1800 Goldwing
1995 Kawasaki ZG1000 Concours
zūmo XT linked to Cardo Packtalk Bold and iPhone SE.