Skip Waypoint button missing??

Having Garmin zumo XT problems? there is loads of help and advice in this forum
jfheath
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Re: Skip Waypoint button missing??

Post by jfheath »

I hadn't noticed the behaviour of the skip button disappearing if you have no via points.

That would be odd. The skip button skips the next route point in its list, whether it is a via point or a shaping point.

If you find the Edit Route option, (3 dot menu on the map display) there are two options in there.

1 Skip the next Via Point - and it names it
2 Skip the next Shaping Point - and it names that.

Unfortunately it doesn't tell you which comes first - and since the XT assigns its own names to many of its route points, you may not recognise the name that it displays.

It is probably best to think if your route as the trip list. The list of points that the XT has to visit in the correct sequence.
Skip removes either:
  • The point that it is currently trying to take you to - ie the one that is now top of its list.
  • The next shaping point or the next via point in its list depending which option you selected. One of those will be the one that you are heading towards at the moment, the other will be further down the trip list may much further down the list.
Once the selected point has been removed, the XT recalculates the entire route, rather than just the affected sections.

A more detailed explanation is given in the link below, and continues on the following page. I'll investigate the disappearance of the skip button and modify these notes accordingly.

app.php/ZXT-P35

I reported the issues described here a good while ago.

See my follow up post below. I edited my settings a long time ago, which might be why I get to see the Skip button all of the time my trip is running.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
jfheath
Has liked: 279 times
Been liked: 609 times
Great Britain

Re: Skip Waypoint button missing??

Post by jfheath »

No - my XT doesn't change its behaviour regarding the Skip button if the route has no Via Points in it.

I wonder if you have spotted the additional features that came with the various upgrades ? I have been maintaining a log of these updates (as many as I captured) here: viewtopic.php?p=9993

V5.90 was a massive update and includes this enahncement (click the image to see a sligthly clearer version):
Skip Update.jpg
Skip Update.jpg (12.79 KiB) Viewed 314 times

You can display 3 buttons at the side of the map. If you already have some, simply long press one of them and you can delete / add a new button in the position of the large 'plus' icon. One of these buttons is 'Skip'. The necessary instructions are in the image above.

166649.jpg
166649.jpg (46.25 KiB) Viewed 314 times

Other options are Map Orientation, Map Layers, Garmin Powerswitch, Stop, Edit Route, Mute

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.