Move routepoint leaves relic wiggle in route

For any questions and tips and tricks on how to use Basecamp for PC then please post in this section.
BigBird
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 2 times

Re: Move routepoint leaves relic wiggle in route

Post by BigBird »

P.S. for the context of all this, here goes:
-- see @jfheath 's tips in post #2 here for cleaning up the route
-- you are stepping through the points as he describes to QA the route: route detail window open, center map box checked for easier click-through
-- you find a point off the route that needs adjustment. Like the first image I posted. Usually there straight off to the side, in this one it's not, but oh well.
-- most of the time, when I miss one, the move point works and the re-calc cleans up the route. But the second image shows the rare-ish outcome where the moved point is back ON the road but a relic off-route wiggle is still there.

In my experience, it is not uncommon to wind up dropping a point on a POI. It usually doesn't matter and the move point adjustment works fine, whether it was a point in space or it poached a POI. However, on those rare occasions when I get a relic wiggle, it is almost always on a point/POI rather than just a point in space.
rbentnail
Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 200 times
United States of America

Re: Move routepoint leaves relic wiggle in route

Post by rbentnail »

BigBird wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 3:54 pm See page 1 of this PDF for an example of a relic wiggle.
https://1drv.ms/b/s!Am5GnNzOpxmXpbo0IpQ ... A?e=fNFeeO

The delete & re-create method is the only way I've managed to get around it.

BTW, I don't see how to upload images to this forum, and links aren't great either.
This pic describes exactly what I see.
Russ B. Zumo 595 & XT
2007 & 2013 USA Yamaha FJR1300A