No more Spotify on Zumo

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Thomsus
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
Denmark

Re: No more Spotify on Zumo

Post by Thomsus »

CycleChris wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:34 am I may have said it wrong. I’m using a Bluetooth connection from iPhone 11 to garmin 595 and a Sena 50shk.
That's interesting. My initial thought, as my phone uses Android, is that it might be an issue on Android phones only.

What about the rest of you guys experiencing the problem, Android phones too?
stevephi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by stevephi »

Yes, Android for me. I seem to be fortunate in it works with an older Spotify version. The artwork has never worked for me, not that it worries me.
FWIW my phone runs on OxygenOS 11.
Thomsus
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
Denmark

Post by Thomsus »

Hi guys.
I had quite a long support session with Spotify, via the only available method - chat. Kind of a nightmare, with supporters asking me to do the same basic steps over and over, like clear app cache, uninstall and reinstall the app, etc.
Then all of a sudden the supporter left the chat, and a new person came on, having to start over. Not just once...

Anyway, what's interesting is that after all the cleaning, the Zumo could control spotify again.
In order to make sure this wasn't a one time experience, I rebooted both phone and zumo. Then the same problem again :cry:

In the end, the last supporter informed me that they know of the issue. He gave me the standard message of they have good people working...
Kind of a BS statement, so I asked if that means this is an issue they actually intend to work on. No reply...
biz
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by biz »

Spotify has had a bunch of updates since I last looked at this - has anyone checked if it's still not working?
jfheath
Has liked: 280 times
Been liked: 612 times
Great Britain

Post by jfheath »

Just checked on mine, as I was looking at this last night - Installed the latest software for Spotify - which turned out to b the same as what I had already - Spotify v 8.7.88.496

Zumo 590 recognsises phone
XT BT connecting to phone and Media
XT connection to Spotify fails.
Spotify on Phone access to nearby devices is turned on.

XT Fails to connect to Spotify in XT BT settings for phone, but will connect to phone media.

My 595 is a 590 with 595 software. But it did use to work when I first tried it.
I can play music from Spotify eg: I start a spotify playlist and just tell the media player to access media from the phone, rather than from Spotify, and I can control pause, back 1, fwd 1 from the media player - but no info regarding tracks. Response to button presses is slow ~ 4 secs - but Spotify has a cache.

I cannot remember what Extra the Spotify App used to give me - possibly track details. I can't remember.

Today, I discovered something really important. I found another way that doesn't work.
biz
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by biz »

> My 595 is a 590 with 595 software. But it did use to work when I first tried it.

Yes, used to work on both my 595-enabled 590s....