No more Spotify on Zumo

For everything Garmin Zumo 590/595 related
Thomsus
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
Denmark

Re: No more Spotify on Zumo

Post by Thomsus »

biz wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 12:30 pm I installed 8-6-98-900 but it doesn't work for me, bizarrely.....
Have you, by any chance, tried with a version higher than the working one you mentioned (7-9-0-746), and lower than 8-6-98-900 ?
biz
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 16 times
Great Britain

Post by biz »

Yes, tried 5 or 6 versions, but then got to thinking that life is too short! :D
stevephi
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by stevephi »

That's strange biz, mine has continued to work.

I seem to remember I deleted the Bluetooth pairing to the phone/Zumo and set up a new link, have you tried that after installing the earlier Spotify version on your phone?
biz
Great Britain

Post by biz »

I did try that, but no luck. There have been a few updates to Spotify of late, so I'll have another go with the latest version.
Thomsus
Denmark

Post by Thomsus »

biz wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:24 am I think that Garmin should be putting pressure on them to fix it, as we are perfectly entitled to complain to Garmin that they advertised the feature, and bought the Garmin in preference to others because of it.
Yes, couldn't agree more.
Unfortunately I don't have any contact ways to Garmins developers.

It might be something like Spotify changing an API, and Garmin not bothering to update the Spotify Remote Control, part of Zumo's firmware.
stevephi
Has liked: 1 time
Great Britain

Post by stevephi »

biz wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:49 pm so I'll have another go with the latest version.
I have just tried that and sorry it fails :cry:
biz
Great Britain

Post by biz »

Yes, tried it last night, and it does indeed fail.
CycleChris
United States of America

Post by CycleChris »

Hey, Im in the states and my spotify still works, with line in control set to spotify. I see a map update available, downloading now. I hope this doesn’t turn it off. The only difference in selecting spotify as the connection I can see is the album art work shows. Is that correct?
Thomsus
Denmark

Post by Thomsus »

CycleChris wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:58 pm Hey, Im in the states and my spotify still works, with line in control set to spotify. I see a map update available, downloading now. I hope this doesn’t turn it off.
Hey Chris.
If you use the zumo's line in, the mini jack connector, then you don't use Bluetooth. The mini jack only transmits sound to the Zumo. Then you cannot send commands back to your phone, or get song titles etc. send along with the audio, from your phone to the Zumo.

If you use Bluetooth for connection instead of the line in connector, then song titles, playlists etc can be transmitted too. Well, not any more, that is.
CycleChris
United States of America

Post by CycleChris »

I may have said it wrong. I’m using a Bluetooth connection from iPhone 11 to garmin 595 and a Sena 50shk. I select the source with options for line in , iPhone , pandora, Spotify, etc. Spotify still works for me. Track and album art. I do have a Spotify premium account.In addition I can use the hey Spotify feature once activated in the app to control Spotify thru the sena headset.